Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There is less air space in the trunking. The last control panel I built I laced the door wiring. Had to build it over the recent bank holiday weekend ready to install on the Tuesday and couldn't get hold of small slotted trunking in time. The last time I had to do lacing was over 5 years ago.
upload_2017-7-2_11-35-30.jpeg

upload_2017-7-4_22-33-15.jpeg

FFS. I shake my head with despair every time I walk past this socket.
Lucky though, the old type MK sockets are one of the few designs you can directly insert one of those weedy euro plugs without manually opening the shutter, and can remove the plug again without breaking the shutter as it catches on the pins end caps. The new MK sockets have dimples in the rotating shutter to stop euro plugs opening them.

I've just thought, are europlugs designed to be connected to circuits with 30A 3036 fuses?!

Last edited:
Was there fuse wire in it or had someone replaced it with a nail (then found it had welded itself into the board and broke it trying to get it out again)?

I'm not sure, I didn't really get a good look at it as it is above a lot of stuff in garage. I'm going back to change the consumer unit next week, the lady has only moved in recently and was getting a shower change by a plumber who told her he has to turn the power off to the whole house as the fuse which is broken is for the shower and he didn't want to touch it which is understandable.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock