Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Where does the power come in again? :angry_smile:

Attachments

• DSCF7243.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 424
Talking about DNO and meter fitting, they said no to this set up! Any ideas why????

mini market 3.jpg

mini market 1.jpg

mini market 7.jpg

Shop owner had a meter installer around. He looked at this set up and then he browned his pants!

16mm single phase incomer, 16mm tails for the 80A meter. Clamped it and look at what showed up:-

mini market 5.jpg

With walk in fridges and freezers kicking in and out whilst I was there, It went up to 137A (from a 80A bullet???)

I cant post up the pictures on the open forum incase someone copies the set up and starts an electrical fire. (link to the Arms section thread soon to be posted for your comments Gents).

link here:- http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...48-illegal-hook-ups-supplies.html#post1194874

Last edited:
Talking about DNO and meter fitting, they said no to this set up! Any ideas why????

View attachment 32561

View attachment 32562

View attachment 32563

Shop owner had a meter installer around. He looked at this set up and then he browned his pants!

16mm single phase incomer, 16mm tails for the 80A meter. Clamped it and look at what showed up:-

View attachment 32564

With walk in fridges and freezers kicking in and out whilst I was there, It went up to 137A (from a 80A bullet???)

I cant post up the pictures on the open forum incase someone copies the set up and starts an electrical fire. (link to the Arms section thread soon to be posted for your comments Gents).
The thing is at 124A the Fuse would probably never blow due to overload maybe at 137A but would take 16-17 hours lol

Good point Lee. Take a look at the Arms thread? http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...48-illegal-hook-ups-supplies.html#post1194874

Please take note of the two SWA's from the cut out and also the link wire (only just noticeable from the pic) from the 3 phase cut out to feed a 16mm tail to the meter.

I'm going back in the next couple of days so I can "estimate" (cough cough) the total demand so I can fill out the Northern Powergid Additional load application forms for them...... with this shower of sh**, where do I start lol :rofl:

image (8).jpg

Sorry the orientation is wrong, on my phone.

Presumably the old main switch had burnt out and someone bodged in a standard type main switch! To be honest I can think of so many better ways of bodging that switch in than that even if there were ever a reason to do it!

Honestly dont know know how someone would sleep at night after walking away from that!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 367
Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 32570

Sorry the orientation is wrong, on my phone.

Presumably the old main switch had burnt out and someone bodged in a standard type main switch! To be honest I can think of so many better ways of bodging that switch in than that even if there were ever a reason to do it!

Honestly dont know know how someone would sleep at night after walking away from that!
Non combustible enclosure used on the original installation...maybe they were expecting trouble !!

A regular customer has been threatening to have me in to swap a shop CU for about a year now. I've been making my excuses as it would certainly have disrupted the salon business as they operate weekends. Yep best to just leave it for now.

It's renovation time now though so I'm booked in for Tuesday :(

2016-07-01 12.39.27.jpg

I hate seeing metal back boxes without grommets, even worse when the outersheath has been stripped back so only the conductor sheath is left to bear against the edges....

It'll be fine once it's skimmed, just don't put any pictures up....

IMG_20150210_100213.jpg

IMG_20150210_100115.jpg

These were both in a shop I rewired (for the owner, prior to letting) after the new tenant got their own idiot in to wreck the place. The highlight of his stupidity was whacking countless holes in the ceiling with a hammer to put bog standard spot lights in. The ceiling had been double boarded (fire and acoustic boards), and the owner kicked the idiot off site when he saw what he did, and insisted the tenants got me in to do any more fitting out works. When I was rearranging the various bits of carp work I was very close to ringing the idiot to suggest they try another trade before they cause a fire.

Last edited:
A regular customer has been threatening to have me in to swap a shop CU for about a year now. I've been making my excuses as it would certainly have disrupted the salon business as they operate weekends. Yep best to just leave it for now.

View attachment 32583

Are you using https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/Products/size_3/CACMD.JPG
Or Sharpie Permanent Markers, Highlighters, Pens and More !!

That looks like a fun days work, hope it tests well without too many headaches..

View attachment 32583

That'll put you off spaghetti for a while! You must post an 'after' pic when you've done it!

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock