Search the forum,

Discuss EDF refusing to fit a meter until signed off?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Have a builder client desperate to get some temp boards into some new builds just about at the electrical first fix stage, DNO have put the supplies in but Eon (subbed to an EDF fitter) have refused to fit meters until the whole lot are finished which is clearly ridiculous. Anybody else ever had this problem?

Since when did suppliers care what is going on after the meter? The installation has nothing to do with them sounds like you have a jobs worth, or someone who doesn't know what they are talking about

Just pay a bit extra and get them to install a 100a DP isolator after the meter so they are devorced from the installation.

I'm going to need to fit an 80A fuse anyway as all the tails are going to be via SWA. Dull.

how can you sign off the job before they fit the meter how can you do your testing without power ? they are not responsible for anything after the meter so they can not refuse if they do ask them if they are taking responsibility for it and then they have to do the testing and you wash your hands of it. but to be honest i have never heard of anyone refusing to fit the meter until the job is done.

I have had the situation quite often in the past and getting hold of a helpful person on the other end of the phone is invaluble.

We have had to provide dead test resuts at times to get a connection.

Why don't you fit and connect your switched fused isolator and supply a dead test EIC, IMO they cannot refuse then.............

We get a seperate supply and meter fitted just for site power

But that's just it - this is for temporary boards. So as long as the board itself has a cert, I can't possibly see what difference it makes. Now....if someone said it was a building site and therefore can't be TNCS, fine - but that's not what's happened!

- - - Updated - - -

We get a seperate supply and meter fitted just for site power

But that's just it - this is for temporary boards. So as long as the board itself has a cert, I can't possibly see what difference it makes. Now....if someone said it was a building site and therefore can't be TNCS, fine - but that's not what's happened!

Reply to EDF refusing to fit a meter until signed off?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock