Discuss EICR software in the Electricians Software | Electricians Downloads area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

There are lots out there, they all have the good points and their bad points.

In the past I used the icertify app, I found it pretty good on the ipad, but it only works on apple devices. It also works on a subscription basis so you pay for 6 months, 1 year etc, so if you don't do enough certificates in that time it may not be worth it.
I would still recommend it if you are the only person who needs to access it and use it, if you need more than one person to have access then I'd go with something else.

I recently switched over to using electraform, it is cloud based so can be accessed from and Web browser on any device. It is a little bit clunky in places but on the whole I am getting used to it and liking it so far.
It works on a pay per certificate basis, so you buy 'credits' which get cheaper the more you buy at once, and each certificate costs one credit.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the input, atm I am a one man army xD, electrafrom dose seems like a better option. Just starting my own company fresh out of school and trying to research as mush as I can before start working.

Thanks again!

If you are indeed fresh out of your training do you really have enough experience to be carrying out EICRs?
I am been doing electrical work for a couple of years now and I finished all my qualification to enable me to do so, I feel competent and have enough knowledge to carry out EICRs, it might take longer than for somebody hows been doing it for years tho.

However I am planning to start slowly in my area and do call out and small installations at fist, minor works etc. and join Napit or Elecsa as soon as I can.

I am been doing electrical work for a couple of years now and I finished all my qualification to enable me to do so, I feel competent and have enough knowledge to carry out EICRs, it might take longer than for somebody hows been doing it for years tho.

Wow, I've been doing this for well over 10years and am still finding that I don't have enough experience to complete EICRs on my own without getting help from more experienced electricians.

Wow, I've been doing this for well over 10years and am still finding that I don't have enough experience to complete EICRs on my own without getting help from more experienced electricians.
Well I am not shy to ask other people either for help if is needed, however just feel free mocking me, everyone has to start somewhere and what would be the point of waiting years and years for me to start EICRs if I am qualified and competent of doing so already, I am looking forward to start working and learning something new every day.

Sounds like you have a self confidence problem which is odd as you always come across as very knowledgeable.

The electrical field is so diverse very, very few people know it all, and those that do seem to be retired and sat behind a keyboard.

Also there are EICRs and EICRs, huge difference between a one bed flat and a TP multi DB commercial unit.

As long as you know you don't know then you can always find an answer.

Sounds like you have a self confidence problem which is odd as you always come across as very knowledgeable.

I've said it few times, I try to only ever post when I am confident I am giving good information, I try not to post what 'I was always taught' or 'I've been told' etc.

I also try to find the answers to simple questions myself before asking on here, often by searching on here.

This adds up to making it appear that I know more than I do, and don't ask daft questions or make daft mistakes. In reality there's a lot I don't know, and I can rival anyone with the list of stupid mistakes I've made.

Another vote for electaform here.

It’s got all the different forms you’ll need to carry out various works and can be used on a mobile device as well as iPad.

However, I sometimes find it faster to go round with a mark one notebook and pencil when I’m inspecting and testing, then input the data on the cert when I’ve finished, as the desktop version works better than on the iPad.

However, I sometimes find it faster to go round with a mark one notebook and pencil when I’m inspecting and testing, then input the data on the cert when I’ve finished, as the desktop version works better than on the iPad.

I always just make notes as I go around and take pictures of circuit lists, circuit breakers etc to refer to later.

The only time I don't is when there is someone available to sit in front of a laptop and input the information whilst I am testing.

I always just make notes as I go around and take pictures of circuit lists, circuit breakers etc to refer to later.
Same here.
As regards ' the self confidence problem' mentioned previously, I think there may be more problems with someone starting from scratch than someone whose been in the game for decades.....and that includes for having too much of it as well as not enough.

We use easycert from tysoft you can down load a free trial to try it out .1 licence will let you use an Ipad and 1 desktop or laptop
I've used Easycert for many years now. Love it's simplicity and versatility.
Though tbh I mainly use the desktop for typing in certs. On site I just use a form I made up in Word for recording the info in a concise way. It's more productive this way I think. I do occasionally use the Android app if the customer wants the certs immediately. They can be emailed from the app. And saved on the device, and then later imported to the desktop. The range of certs is very good, including fire alarm and emergency lighting. Love it.

Just had a look at Easycert and I like its format, but even though it has a column for testing an AFDD button it has not taken into account the trend towards all RCBO boards and does not have a column for five times load, you have to test it so why no put it on there.

I do like the way it indicates that you have possibly put a decimal point in the wrong place on the certificate, in all a good way forward, but not quite there IMO.

I use Elec Cert which is a word template so you can use it on android or apple or MacBook or pc and it is a one off purchase until the next amendment.
I did try using on site and found it is so much quicker to write on paper and enter on cert later

Just had a look at Easycert and I like its format, but even though it has a column for testing an AFDD button it has not taken into account the trend towards all RCBO boards and does not have a column for five times load, you have to test it so why no put it on there.

I do like the way it indicates that you have possibly put a decimal point in the wrong place on the certificate, in all a good way forward, but not quite there IMO.
Actually, this is not a software issue, this is due to a change in the 18th edition, where the note after Regulation 643.8 reads:

Effectiveness is deemed to have been verified where an RCD meeting the requirements of Regulation 415.1.1 disconnects within 40 ms when tested at a current equal to or higher than five times its rated residual operating current.

Therefore since then, the model forms in Appendix 6 have been changed so there is now only one box to record the highest disconnection time for an RCD test.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me either though, TBH, as I'm still testing at 1x, and checking it meets the requirements.

Reply to EICR software in the Electricians Software | Electricians Downloads area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock