Discuss Fire alarm Sounder wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi got fire alarm sounder beacon, call point and micro switch for when the door opens to wire,
Wire 2 core straight to call point this will be connection 1 for perm and connection 3 for load with neutrals in a wago then to beacon this has 4 terminals
T1 is beacon negative supply
T2 is sounder negative supply (COM)
T3 is positive supply in
T4 is negative supply out
T1+T2 are oV terminals so can link them out for micro switch?
So from call point to terminals 3+4 , And then micro switch for door is 2 core so when door opens sounder and beacon go off where would this connect to?
Thanks

Quite a few assumptions here need to be cleared before i can help. You seem to have a Manual Call Point and switch? Why is the MCP needed? Is the MCP green?
Is the switch you mention monitoring the door for open and close? E.g. if door opens sound the sounder?

Is there a door magnet holding the door closed involved at all? Or other such mechanism, if so what voltage is it?

Reply to Fire alarm Sounder wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

On this commercial building we are refurbishing it has the above fire alarm panel which I think is pretty much brand new, I'm not even sure it was...
Replies
Views
Hello People Our Enphase solar system needs to have the AC supply shut down via the fire alarm contactors local input output unit that has NO &...
Replies
Views
I am doing renovation to a cafe in Scotland at the moment and after speaking to the local council the building requires the minimum standard for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock