Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Fuseboard change advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bradley6969

-
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Don’t do many fuse board changes, but what’s everyone’s preferred method, as I see people without labelling the old cables swap boards connect up neutrals and earths then leave line conductors last but how do they make sure each correspond to each other so you can identify the circuit like the 1st Line conductor should correspond to the 1st neutral and 1st earth
Thanks

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Aico 3000
buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
It depends how set your stall out .
By marking the tails up and putting a mark on it or use white gorrila tape .or ring up spark.and it depends how the cables go in the CU.

S

Squid

Each circuit one at a time N and E in the correct place to match the live so on and so forth, years back it was much easier as you had 4 circuits nowadays its easy yo fill up a 15 way with out thinking about it.

B

Bradley6969

-
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys I’m just wondering as I’ve been watching some spark and he does all his neutrals and earths first then leaves line last just looks easy to get one conductor wrong but must know what he’s doing

buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Circuit 1 first Cpc then neutral and then line and test .

Richard Burns

Richard Burns

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
For multicore cables I tend to label the line conductors and then put in the neutral and cpc for each physical cable and then refer to the labelling for each line to place in the OCPDs. However if you have say a small domestic board with cooker, ring, lights on one side and immersion, ring, lights on the other the size of cables makes it obvious and you only need to ensure the immersion is separate from the ring.
If you are not cable tying up the cores and not doing overly neat bunches of cores then just pulling on the line as you prepare to terminate should move the corresponding neutral, but it is a bit hit and miss.
Identification is probably a good idea in all cases, it can be done without labelling on boards so long as you are paying attention and have a good memory however it is generally better to ensure you are correct.

happyhippydad

happyhippydad

-
Esteemed
Arms
As with some of the others I label the line conductors. You find that you don't usually need to label them all, for example if there is only 1x6mm then you can't confuse it with any other line conductors. I label it by using a bit of insulation tape and physically writing on the tape what circuit it is.

Dave OCD

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
I identify seperate rings and lighting circuits for example with one or more 'stripes' on the line conductor with a sharpie, with a written list of which is which for board labelling, always carefully identify the extent of every circuit before disconnecting too.

D

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
White tape and sharpie marker

Or biro on the sheath

gnuuser

gnuuser

-
I got a decent supply of number labels when i was ordering for the shop
corresponding neutrals and hots were marked with the same number (neutrals with letter n added)

littlespark

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
You have to trust that the original board is correct regarding N and E in the same order as L.

I go with small sharpie marks on line conductor, but so far haven’t changed anything bigger than 8 way board.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Fuseboard change advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom