Search the forum,

Discuss gas earth bond in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

but come on Allan...the roles each play havn`t changed with time ...have they....

If you'd asked me that in my apprenticeship 40 year ago I would have said you were talking rubbish.................we were taught to 'earth bond' and at that age we didn't query it.
I was working underground mate............7 mile under the north sea..............everything was extraneous and wet lol.
We ensured there was a good earth on all the equipment by bonding everything...............hence the term 'earth bond' :)
Twas ELCB's in them days.

Wasn't until I came to the sunlight that I started to understand the difference between bonding and earthing and it still 'shocks' me how many working sparks don't know the difference to be honest.

and????[/QUOTE
Well if you scroll back you will see people moaning about terminology so I've corrected it
and with good reason n all...take a look at some of the past chief examiners reports for the old 2391...
time n time again its `wrong terminology`....`incorrect terminology`.....`lack of understanding of terminology`....`wrong naming of test instruments`....`lack of understanding of earthing & bonding arrangements`...

If you'd asked me that in my apprenticeship 40 year ago I would have said you were talking rubbish.................we were taught to 'earth bond' and at that age we didn't query it.
I was working underground mate............7 mile under the north sea..............everything was extraneous and wet lol.
We ensured there was a good earth on all the equipment by bonding everything...............hence the term 'earth bond' :)
Twas ELCB's in them days.

Wasn't until I came to the sunlight that I started to understand the difference between bonding and earthing and it still 'shocks' me how many working sparks don't know the difference to be honest.

That sounds like you were at Westoe.

Reply to gas earth bond in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock