Discuss gas earth bond in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Edf came out and used a voltage pen on earth connection and said there was voltage, I've come and tested across gas bond and exposed conductive part no voltage

Have you :-
1. Checked the Ze of the property
2. Checked the continuity of the earth cable from the MET to to earth clamp on the gas pipe.

Edf came out and used a voltage pen on earth connection and said there was voltage, I've come and tested across gas bond and exposed conductive part no voltage

Yea but what pillick in EDF used a voltage pen instead of a earth loop impedance tester and thats why I asked the questions above . I take it you are a electrician ? and if so have you tested the Ze yet

A voltage pen, time for me to sell me test kit then I that's all you need. Seriously I have a builder friend who said the same to me, when I actually tested it with me megger, low and behold all ok, were edf touting for work or something, sounds like they have been to the bg school of testing

should exchange it for a broad tip felt pen and write "muppet" on his forehead.

The more I read of threads like this, the more and more convinced I am that it's not what you know, experience you have or how competent you may be, it's the ability to spout Bull at interviews!

edit: I'm referring to the EDF geezer!!!

So what has the EDF left you in writing or has his /her pen been replaced with a volt pen. Seriously I would like to know what they have said is the problem and I would like to think they have documented it!

Once again we are talking amongst ourselves and the OP has went quite

Just to add yet again it appears that someone wants an answer before they visit site it would have been better if the EDF stick came along with a and I did a Ze test and found.........

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to gas earth bond in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net