Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Off to do some isolation work for contractors. Then testing the heater in the van and the insulation properties of my coffee mug.

There’s that “S” word again.
This is Britain.... it doesn’t snow here.... not the nice fluffy white stuff.
We get rain.... cold rain..... then horizontal rain.
Snow is just slush waiting to happen.

I changed my profile pic again this morning. Why does it take so long to change?
My poppy pic didn’t fully change until after 11 on the 11th. A tad late;)

There’s that “S” word again.
This is Britain.... it doesn’t snow here.... not the nice fluffy white stuff.
Snowed here yesterday evening. Within 1/2 hour my car went from being dark grey to white. The van was already white ;)

Morning guys and gals. It's Friday!

Woohooooo

Hope everybody is finishing up today for a good couple of days off. @Lou and I are winding down the week by sorting through prizes for the Christmas calendar comp. The plumbing sponsors have sent thousands of pounds worth of pumps and test equipment and tool bags and all sorts. We have to post this out every day. Christ that's gonna cost a bomb.

Might post them all first week of Jan in one go to save keep running to post office over the busiest month of the year.

EF and TF sponsors have been asked to post direct themselves to save us time and money. We didn't think this through well lol :D

Morning guys and gals. It's Friday!

Woohooooo

Hope everybody is finishing up today for a good couple of days off. @Lou and I are winding down the week by sorting through prizes for the Christmas calendar comp. The plumbing sponsors have sent thousands of pounds worth of pumps and test equipment and tool bags and all sorts. We have to post this out every day. Christ that's gonna cost a bomb.

Might post them all first week of Jan in one go to save keep running to post office over the busiest month of the year.

EF and TF sponsors have been asked to post direct themselves to save us time and money. We didn't think this through well lol :D

What’s going to happen, @Dan if one of our international forum members wins a prize??
Will you be sending a 230v product that may be of no use to somebody with 110v main supply, or indeed be forking out in postage to Australia for a tool bag?
;)

What’s going to happen, @Dan if one of our international forum members wins a prize??
Will you be sending a 230v product that may be of no use to somebody with 110v main supply, or indeed be forking out in postage to Australia for a tool bag?
;)
he could send package with a plumber. then it would never turn up.

;)
We have good connections. Our first TilersForums.com Job Of The Year award was a tonne pallet of tile adhesive and a guy won it in Southern Ireland (south southern too). We sent it via the distribution chain already in place.

If we need to get something the other side of the world, we will probably just get them to get a local one from somewhere, and reimburse the supplier via their existing channels. Makes more sense.

The kinda stuff we are sending out are mainly available globally.

And the struggle of sending something rare gives us content to blog about and follow and mention all those involved. Free plugs for them.

I'm not bothered one bit about somebody winning anything south of the moon. :)

clearish skies, 30% cloud. no rain. 7 deg.
Off to Stafford get my princess some new glasses. Hoping it stays dryish. Can't see blue sky anywhere here, don't know if it's moving your way or Stafford way.

all depends on the wind direction at higher altitudes. usually from the west or north-west. if the latter, what we have here will come your way soon. looking at the cloud direction wind appaears to be directly from north atm.

Morning all! Up at 6, Tesco at 7, big brekky at 8, watched the news, had a look on here, going to rewire light switch in kitchen on next door neighbour's place, and as it's another lovely day here I'll head off to the golf course about mid-day.
Q: can I disable the notification that keeps asking me to accept push notifications?

Sunday today. Lazy morning. At least it’s not supposed to rain today.
Taking the middle child ice skating today. And, no, I won’t be falling over... I’m actually pretty good!⛸

I used to teach little kids skating at a club. Taught them how to go... taught them how to stop... then I would test them by laying down on the ice and they would have to stop before running into me with the spikey bits.

Something I noticed recently. We went skating in Aberdeen when we were on holiday, and I’ve been to Edinburgh rink...
Is it just me, or does every ice rink use AC/DC in their playlist?

I quite enjoy ice skating and skiing. Broke my ankle last time I went Chill Factore in Manchester though so it's safer I'd I dont go. I get carried away easy lol

Has any end up jumping over you @littlespark ?

I quite enjoy ice skating and skiing. Broke my ankle last time I went Chill Factore in Manchester though so it's safer I'd I dont go. I get carried away easy lol

Has any end up jumping over you @littlespark ?

No... and luckily no one ran into me either.
There has been the odd injury at our rink; severed finger recently, and one of the kids at the club lost a tooth.

We went skiiing at courchevel in France a few years ago. Great fun.

Nope. Sitting in the van testing the heaters.

Was at a house first thing who phoned last night to say they’d sockets had tripped, but would wait until today for me to visit.
No fault found, but expect “weak” mcb.
Will get them a spare.

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock