Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Morning all,

Well I’m on jury service the next 2 weeks, should be interesting.

Wet and miserable Monday morning here today. Glad I am not working outside. We put our Christmas lights up outside our house over the weekend so we are starting to feel festive :)

My sisters put their trees up this weekend??? I’m making my Mrs wait until at least the 1st until ours goes up. I’ve noticed she’s already started sneaking decorations into the lounge though??

Morning.
It’s fekken cold this morning and dog decides she wants a walk at 6am!!

I’ve got a little job this morning, new customers moving house soon, so have light fittings to take down and replace with pendants, and their garage to sort. He’s added taped joints all over the place. Looks like a rip out job.

Monday, I’ve got this to change....
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 2CBE5467-CD8E-40B3-B62C-EA83D9F12C2E - EletriciansForums.net

And Wednesday... this one.

Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 83B99A2C-426F-4730-A7B3-91ECE5D8697E - EletriciansForums.net

Apparently, the little warning sticker has been there for past 5 years!

Morning.
It’s fekken cold this morning and dog decides she wants a walk at 6am!!

I’ve got a little job this morning, new customers moving house soon, so have light fittings to take down and replace with pendants, and their garage to sort. He’s added taped joints all over the place. Looks like a rip out job.

Monday, I’ve got this to change....
View attachment 54195

And Wednesday... this one.

View attachment 54196

Apparently, the little warning sticker has been there for past 5 years!
don't sling those old CUs. Lucien might be interseted in them for his museum. also, there is a trainee on the forum wants an old CU to make up a practice board at home.

Yes. I thought about keeping one back for the trainee, but delivery might be a problem.

I would think Lucian might already have these. Quite common makes of board.

I’ve got an old wooden fuseboard in my shed somewhere. I’ll have to see if it’s still got all the bits.

All gone a bit quiet here...
Off to that screwup place shortly to pick up some PLUMBING bits! Some waterworks to extend at the men's Shed place I help out at, then some minor works at neighbour's flat, again. See post #67...an update on the "widowmaker"...it turned out that the 13A plug actually powered the wall-socket, sort of like an extension lead...so, bell wire and exposed choc-blocks with mains power, under a carpet strip...
Finally today I am fixing a table lamp in the common entrance hall. This was kindly provided by a neighbour (the same one as the dodgy extension) to illuminate a table in the hall. It's a Class 1 brass lamp, but he needed a longer flex to reach the nearest socket, so took the plug off, bent the earth wire out of the way and extended the flex with 2 core, twisting the wires together and bound the "joint" with leccy tape...this in an area open to all the residents, cleaners, visitors etc.
After tomorrow I am taking the rest of the year off!
Oh, and I have bought and wrapped all my Christmas presents...
and the recipient of the Wera advent calendar is very happy!

I was finishing off a kitchen rewire this morning. Why on earth do people decide that they want a new kitchen fitted before Xmas.... or move house.... it’s not the time of year. And I’m pressured to get it all finished so they’ve got turkey cooking equipment.

Which brings me to the issue I had.
Connected up their hob and oven, turned it on tested.... was on 5 minutes and the rcbo tripped. Tried again and it held.
Then Mrs customer informs me the oven has been bought second hand and had been sitting in the garage for 2 years waiting to get round to changing the kitchen.

I think it was just a little damp in the oven. Working away fine now.

Today, I mostly be resting \, later duties include queuing in the Tesco post office to buy stamps for the myriad of Christmas Cards, Mrs Pete 999 has dutifully written in Her best handwriting, to dwindling array of Friends and Relations, getting fewer every year unfortunately, not sent one to Megawatt, I will personally email him closer to the magic day.
Return Home to a nice cup of Tea and scoff the pecan slices purchased in Tesco's Bakery, following that I will watch the History channel accompanied by a bottle of "Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon 2018", what happens after that? is anyones guess. have a nice day ya'all curtesy Megawatt.

Today Wenesday, I be mostly hovering, washing up changing The Duvet and all that goes with it, putting up the washing line and hanging the used bedding out to air, making Cups of tea etc, quite what this avo will bring God only knows, although it could have something to do with some Sauvignon Cabernet. but I'll wait and see on that score, oh and of course checking in on here, as I aint got nothing to do, unlike you lot.

Afternoon people. :)

Just been carol service at a local church where my 8 year old sang. Bloody lovely. Got the Christmas feeling now. :D
[automerge]1576673675[/automerge]
Today Wenesday, I be mostly hovering, washing up changing The Duvet and all that goes with it, putting up the washing line and hanging the used bedding out to air, making Cups of tea etc, quite what this avo will bring God only knows, although it could have something to do with some Sauvignon Cabernet. but I'll wait and see on that score, oh and of course checking in on here, as I aint got nothing to do, unlike you lot.
Check you out Pete! - Can image you in your cleaning-up-pinny lol :D

Just hoovered through and then let the dogs out. Did that in the wrong bloody order!

Afternoon people. :)

Just been carol service at a local church where my 8 year old sang. Bloody lovely. Got the Christmas feeling now. :D
[automerge]1576673675[/automerge]

Check you out Pete! - Can image you in your cleaning-up-pinny lol :D

Just hoovered through and then let the dogs out. Did that in the wrong bloody order!
Not just the Pinny Dan them sexy head scarfs the Ladies like to wear to cover my dwindling Barnet

Dentist for me too, at 8.30am this morning, followed by some time in the hygienist's chair to get my remaining teeth polished up for Christmas...all painless, I'm glad to say.
Put the finishing touches to the heat-tape installation at the Shed, to be tested tomorrow.
Early finish, so just catching up on emails and booking flights for the coming year. Crikey, flights have gone up! Usual dilemma...buy now in case they go up even more, or wait and see?
Booked a return trip from Spain for end of october as it was a bargain...the only one I found. Now wondering if it's too early for a small libation....hmmm, 3pm...perfect!

Morning,

Got an EICR on today, then that’s me finished for Christmas. ??❄️???

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock