Currently reading:
Hager DB

Discuss Hager DB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have seen people jamming different types of breakers ie wylex in a volex board because they could not be bothered to get a branded one that was designed for that board,the busbar sizes can vary between manufacturers,and as said just use a hager,not only do you make sure that no warranty would be invalidated but also installation practise could never be questioned as to fitting the incorrect part and the implications that could arise from this.

Seen wylex in a hager DB yesterday. But as said why. Can understand as a work round late at night or a Sunday or something but always go back and change it mainly because it looks pants. If you have enough time to research it you have enough time to get or order correct MCB

I have seen people jamming different types of breakers ie wylex in a volex board because they could not be bothered to get a branded one that was designed for that board,the busbar sizes can vary between manufacturers,and as said just use a hager,not only do you make sure that no warranty would be invalidated but also installation practise could never be questioned as to fitting the incorrect part and the implications that could arise from this.

I take your point but Wylex, Crabtree and Volex are exactly the same design, made to the same specs in the same electrium factories so, excepting the sticker on the front, they are exactly the same.

Sometimes its not about the functionality of something, but making it look like a proper professional job with a clean finish instead. Not just throwing in any old breaker as long as it fits.

TLC.co.uk sell Hager at a good price with ndd, no excuses not to get hold of any really.

I was merely asking which other types would fit a Hager board, people seem to have jumped to the conclusion that I will be fitting somthing different. Just trying to gain a little knowledge for future reference that's all

I was merely asking which other types would fit a Hager board, people seem to have jumped to the conclusion that I will be fitting somthing different. Just trying to gain a little knowledge for future reference that's all

Given what you asked, what other sort of 'conclusion' did you expect people to jump to?

That aside, it costs very little to keep a decent selection of most makes of MCBs on hand, so there's no real excuse for not using the same make MCB and board. And as someone has already said, sometimes its as much about doing a professional job and doing it well as anything else.
There's nothing rougher looking than CU with all varying makes of MCB, apart from Janet Street Porter that is :puke:

Just trying to gain a little knowledge for future reference that's all

What future reference is that?

As has been said they are one of the more common ones available from most wholesalers, cant see why you would fit another type in this instance.
maybe a scenario as has already been mentioned arises and its to late to get the specific make of MCB you require for the board. If it meant getting a supply back on as a stopgap and I only had such and such make MCB on my van I would fit it until I could get back to fit the correct one. I only posted as im relatively new to the board and not posted much. It was a topic that was being discussed at work today and I know different makes will fit different boards so thought I'd raise a topic about it. Never mind

maybe a scenario as has already been mentioned arises and its to late to get the specific make of MCB you require for the board. If it meant getting a supply back on as a stopgap and I only had such and such make MCB on my van I would fit it until I could get back to fit the correct one. I only posted as im relatively new to the board and not posted much. It was a topic that was being discussed at work today and I know different makes will fit different boards so thought I'd raise a topic about it. Never mind

Since Nov 2011 - that 's not new.

Jesus Christ, are you the forum police? Check how many posts Ive made inspector and even when my first post was and the frequency of them. I never said new more RELATIVELY new. I read topics more than I tend to post on them, just looking to becoming a more active member.

Don't blame people for doing it, how you can dig and shop around for over an hour for a £4 plus del item then try and charge the customer enough to cover your time, they ain't going to be happy they paid £30 for a fuse.

I think we all need to calm down. Eat our sarnies as it's lunch time, and discuss matters of greater importance and relativity. -----........

So, saw this chick out the window yesterday with bangers like you COULD NOT believe. My chin near on hit the floor boards.

Reply to Hager DB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock