Discuss hnc electrical engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi all

i was woundering if i could get some help ive started a hnc electrical engineering and was hoping if anybody could get intouch who has done t or is doing the same course. i was hoping if any one has done the course if i could get any information sent to me to help me with the course thank you.

regards shaker:cool:

Hi Shaker
I did the course 2 years ago, hope your maths is good it will need to be. what info do you want or is it just general?
kzzam

Hi Shaker
I did the course 2 years ago, hope your maths is good it will need to be. what info do you want or is it just general?
kzzam

hi thank you for reply

i could do with as much info as you could what units did you do in the first year
i am doing the following:
mathematics
utilisation of electrical power
electrical engineering science
business techniques for engineers

if you had any info with these i would be gretful mate thanks again

Hi shakerbess, I'm just about to start too. I am yet to pick units but they will be similar to yours. Maybe we could help each other: i hope so. I will probably need all the help i can get. Does the maths include partial fractions and complex numbers? It's the maths i am most worried about. What books have you bought to help you?
All the best gdr.

Hi Shakerbess, just starting now (took a long time for them to reply). My 4 core units are Engineering science, Analytical Methods, E&E Principles and Project. I have sent my money off, £190 for Analytical Methods and £147.20 Registration. Awaiting reply. They seem slow, maybe because of Christmas.
Be in touch soon. Cheers

yes but also i hear reverse trigonometry is in here as well. Theres that many new math equations to learn its time consuming but in my collage the tutors are very helpful so its not as hard as it should be. Theres a engineering maths book which makes its easier to understand ill try and find the name out for you?

What sort of maths does it require? Is it mainly trigonometry like most other electrical courses?
polynominal division, partial fractions,remainder theorum,geometric progression,sinusiodal forms,calculus, fourier seris and laplace transforms to name a few, ha ha ..have fun, .......i feel sick.

hi everyone

I am in two minds about the hnc electrical wether to do it or do the building services hnc run by logis-tech

anyone done the hnc in building services?

on a bit of a bummer at the moment waiting to see if i got a job after next week contract cuts again!

so all may be a bit academic if you pardon the pun

cheers
madd at the moment lol

hi everyone

I am in two minds about the hnc electrical wether to do it or do the building services hnc run by logis-tech

anyone done the hnc in building services?

on a bit of a bummer at the moment waiting to see if i got a job after next week contract cuts again!

so all may be a bit academic if you pardon the pun

cheers
madd at the moment lol

It all depends on what your ultimate career move is going to be, strongly electrically biased or the more general building services route.

Good luck with the job next week!

agree with IQ again, its what area you work in, however, i would steer well clear of logis tech, i looked into them a few years back and the price they charged for a single HN unit would have covered the cost of year one ( part time local college), 5 units. i think they offer scottish hnc's and as i see your from middle england go for a BTEC HNC. any jocks reading this, i spent 5 wonderful years living in Moray and i would go back to live there tomorrow if i could as i love the place but when i came back to N.I and did HNC E&E engineering BTEC refused to recognise any units from my SQA HNC. so i Had to do core units again, boo!

Reply to hnc electrical engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net