Currently reading:
How many eicr in a day

Discuss How many eicr in a day in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnoliafan89

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys whats your take of how many EICRs can be done properly in a day average of 5 to 8 circuits ranging from 1 bed flats to 3 bed houses?? This would also include travel and also doing any repairs whilst there?

Well maybe but at the end of the day it's the customers who determine his much they will pay....and I have no idea how much Tescos pay ..the absolute minimum i guess
Tesco's pay £9 an hour (according to google). That's for an employee, so you get holiday pay, pension, sick pay.

Self employed doing EICR's for £10 an hour with own van, test kit, and 60 day payment terms, I can't see it somehow. I've heard of the race to bottom...well done, you deffo have won that.

HMRC, Test software, Van Upkeep & MOT, Diesel, Tester Calibration, Upkeep of tools & equipment, Insurances, Pension...just to start the list off. And that's before any living costs are taken into account, you are insane.
He would literally be better off unemployed and claiming benefits....

• Agree
Reactions: 123
It’s not a wage....it’s not even minimum wage so on that context itS poultry....all quals are on display in the profiles of you opt to do so....Qualifications will have no relevance in how you as a sole trader business charge....you must do other work being self employed? What do you charge for these?
yes I do other works ,mainly small works such as replacing damaged sockets,switches etc..I try to be fair with people it's no good fleecing a customer as work soon gets around that youre a rip off merchant and you lose work which is exactly what would happen if I tried to charge some of the rates in this site. There has been one on here who claims to have charged £50 per hour ..this is more than an accountant and I really do think that an accountant or similar job is far higher in the social scale. I think that there has to be a sense of proportion here, we as box standard electricians are lower middle on the qualification scale, above let us say a semi skilled worker but not in the same level as a white collar professional and we must price yourself accordingly or we risk losing our work to other trades.....Have you seen how many plumbers, gas fitters and kitchen fitters now have NICEIC membership and carrying out electrical work

[
yes I do other works ,mainly small works such as replacing damaged sockets,switches etc..I try to be fair with people it's no good fleecing a customer as work soon gets around that youre a rip off merchant and you lose work which is exactly what would happen if I tried to charge some of the rates in this site. There has been one on here who claims to have charged £50 per hour ..this is more than an accountant and I really do think that an accountant or similar job is far higher in the social scale. I think that there has to be a sense of proportion here, we as box standard electricians are lower middle on the qualification scale, above let us say a semi skilled worker but not in the same level as a white collar professional and we must price yourself accordingly or we risk losing our work to other trades.....Have you seen how many plumbers, gas fitters and kitchen fitters now have NICEIC membership and carrying out electrical work

Oh yes, of course, you must keep yourself within your correct place on the social scale!

How dare anyone possibly consider trying to charge a fair price for their work, they must only ever price according to rules set down by the upper classes for those in the 'lower middle of the qualification scale'

Effectively you charge/earn less than a Tesco employee. Be as fair as you like, if you where in my area and any good I'd bring you on board, pay you a bit more, and sub as much as I could out to you. I won't get be getting out of bed for £80 a day.

Plumbers, Gas fitters, Kitchen fitters may be NICEIC and doing electrical works...but not at £10 an hour.

The JIB minimum rate for an electrician is currently £14.99/hour, even a 3rd year apprentice gets more than you according to the JIB minimum rate!
Well maybe this is why do many small electrical companies are going bust..the JIB wage rates are too high..as a non JIB company i can do a job cheaper than than those that belong to it which put

"There has been one on here who claims to have charged £50 per hour ..this is more than an accountant and I really do think that an accountant or similar job is far higher in the social scale. I think that there has to be a sense of proportion here, we as box standard electricians are lower middle on the qualification scale, above let us say a semi skilled worker but not in the same level as a white collar professional and we must price yourself accordingly or we risk losing our work to other trades.....Have you seen how many plumbers, gas fitters and kitchen fitters now have NICEIC membership and carrying out electrical work".

I can only assume you have a very low opinion of electricians or have simply set out on here to offend people. This won't work, trolling can be the only logical explanation. Why disrespect someone for getting paid £50 an hour (I charge and pay more) when you are happy with £2.99 an hour. Who is the fool ? All indicators point to you.

Well maybe this is why do many small electrical companies are going bust..the JIB wage rates are too high..as a non JIB company i can do a job cheaper than than those that belong to it which put

Are many small electrical companies going bust?

Just because you can do a job cheaper it doesn't mean that you should!

I've never heard anyone say the JIB rates are too high before!

[

Oh yes, of course, you must keep yourself within your correct place on the social scale!

How dare anyone possibly consider trying to charge a fair price for their work, they must only ever price according to rules set down by the upper classes for those in the 'lower middle of the qualification scale'
Well you can jest all you wish but I've been around long enough this planet to realise that not much changed and sooner or later we all have to accept that fact.

It would seem to me that your customers are taking advantage of your low self esteem Brian. Perhaps you are contributing to the race to the bottom for domestic prices? Any savy business person would identify where the profits are to be made with the skills they have and direct their business in that direction.

Are many small electrical companies going bust?

Just because you can do a job cheaper it doesn't mean that you should!

I've never heard anyone say the JIB rates are too high before!
I've been told that there is a net loss of electricians to the industry at the moment especially amongst the younger age groups. As a personal observation i think having gone through the training to become an electrician they become very dissilutioned with the reality of the work, that being very repetative and in the main physically demanding

I've been told that there is a net loss of electricians to the industry at the moment especially amongst the younger age groups. As a personal observation i think having gone through the training to become an electrician they become very dissilutioned with the reality of the work, that being very repetative and in the main physically demanding
Less electricians equals higher wages mate....well not in your case obviously but you get it...

It would seem to me that your customers are taking advantage of your low self esteem Brian. Perhaps you are contributing to the race to the bottom for domestic prices? Any savy business person would identify where the profits are to be made with the skills they have and direct their business in that direction.
Well I just do what I can like everyone else we all have to grab what work we can ...this is what running a business is about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How many eicr in a day in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock