Discuss just found on ebay in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Who's installing the new smart meter read some where its british gas , well access to every home in the uk ,great eh its the end of the small time spark ,how do you compete with the big guys you get chewed up and spat out , round here there are guys are re wiring 3 bed house in a day for £1500 , cant imagin what the works like
i would put an add out there ofering a free check up on some of there work who knows what you may find could turn out to be lucrative for you going behind them and putting things right

just remembered there was a taxi driver when i did my 17th in birmingham, it was his 5th timetaking 17th eddition course i bet he has passed now and doing rewires

you have got to put yourself out there if you want a result just like these guys have

Putting himself out there? He's never at home by the sound of it! "The service is available during normal working hours, Mon – Sun 8.30am to 10pm."

Funny what some people class as 'normal'. Fair play to him though, I seriously doubt anyone could afford the rate I'd want for working 13 hour days seven days a week :)

just remembered there was a taxi driver when i did my 17th in birmingham, it was his 5th timetaking 17th eddition course i bet he has passed now and doing rewires

5 attempts at the worlds easiest multi guess exam ? lol , god loves a tryer.
Anyways , i admire the idea of getting his services advertised on ebay with millions of viewers every day - very shrewd.
what he didnt consider was ebay take 10% of the final sold value ;-D

lol i see alot of them taxis around here with the NICEIC DI sticker on the back! Awesome!

Who's installing the new smart meter read some where its british gas , well access to every home in the uk ,great eh its the end of the small time spark ,how do you compete with the big guys you get chewed up and spat out , round here there are guys are re wiring 3 bed house in a day for £1500 , cant imagin what the works like

Horses for courses mate. We've done contract rewires on and of for 30 years for various councils, housing associations etc. We nearly always complete a rewire in a day, (2/3 bed) to a high standard aswell. You just need a good system and a very high work ethic. You'll be supprised how good some of these 1 a day teams are. Good rewire teams will spank you on price every time and produce work of equal standard, if not better.

Horses for courses mate. We've done contract rewires on and of for 30 years for various councils, housing associations etc. We nearly always complete a rewire in a day, (2/3 bed) to a high standard aswell. You just need a good system and a very high work ethic. You'll be supprised how good some of these 1 a day teams are. Good rewire teams will spank you on price every time and produce work of equal standard, if not better.

That's a bold statement considering you don't know the standard of our work.

You'll be supprised how good some of these 1 a day teams are. Good rewire teams will spank you on price every time and produce work of equal standard, if not better.

Can't see it myself, the figures don't add up. A "team" will need paying and the materials buying. So how do you fit all that into £1,500?

There is a lot of truth in this statement,like it or lump it

Contract council house (surface mainly) wiring is a totally different animal to us working alone or with a helper on a private residence
The rewire teams are usually very well organised both with organising the job and carrying it out quickly and to an accepted standard

I say accepted standard because,you can't have speed and complete quality,there is usually a little compromise
If the rewire teams were doing a private,they likely will not do that private as quick as the council contract,but the standard will be raised a little

bang on the money with des's assessment.
theres very few on here who have to work to a deadline every day , as many on this site are self-employed , you'd be surprised what you can get done when really pushed.

Kids or foreign folk who are happy with £5 a day tto feed themselves! Banging them out in one day is clever though takes me 1 day to get my routes planned and start wiring! Lol

On closer inspection, why on earth would one show a picture of a poorly dressed, 16th edition 12 way board with doubled up lighting circuits, an iffy looking terminal 4 neutral connection and debris left in the bottom of the enclosure.
It may look acceptable to other trades/plumbers and joe public but to me it just looks a mess.

They offer fully fitted and certified for £249 then, quote "The cost of the service does NOT include any costs for making your electrical wiring safe or any upgrades to or additional earth bonding."
How does that work? What's the point in having it done in the first place then.

I just feel sorry for the public, who, with all their disclaimers, will end up paying well over the top.
Sorry for the rant but it just annoys me.

Attachments

• just found on ebay apm consumer - EletriciansForums.net
    apm consumer.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 97
That's a bold statement considering you don't know the standard of our work.
I did'nt mean the work will be better always.We've had plenty of really good sparks with every paper you could imagine to their name but, when they have to up the ante, bearing in mind this is price work wer'e talking about, you would think a first year apprentice had done it

Reply to just found on ebay in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock