Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss LED Gu10s to replace Halogen lamps not working in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

In the past I've replaced MR16 halogen spots with LEDs and had issues getting them to work. I understand this is driver related. This time, I'm having problems switching GU10s halogen with LED. I can't understand this as my understanding is there will not be a driver involved and this should just me normal mains voltage. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
I think some cable has become detached while getting the halogens out.
GU10 LED are a straight swap for GU10 halogen.

However,
There was a post on here a while ago about someone looking for 12v GU10, and the majority said they didn't exist.... Which we were proved wrong.
What i'm saying is, check the voltage rating on your LED lamps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes. There were 6 lights in the bathroom. Two were LED, the others halogen. When I replaced them only 2 lights worked.

Without pulling all the insulation up I can't see exactly how they're set up. Too hot up there today.

Yes. Only once I swapped is there a problem. I know the bulbs are good. The wiring must be loose somewhere.

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Without pulling all the insulation up I can't see exactly how they're set up. Too hot up there today.
Insulation causing damage to halogen light fittings due to lack of heat dissipation is a common problem.
Watch your fingers for possible live parts exposed by damage if you go pulling the insulation up.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to LED Gu10s to replace Halogen lamps not working in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TopDMC Electrical Forum 5
S Electrical Forum 13
A Electrical Forum 4
S Electrical Forum 10
W Electrical Forum 16
Top Bottom