Currently reading:
lighting circuit problems

Discuss lighting circuit problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

glasgospark

upgraded board to dual rcd
everything ok
that night lighting circuit breaker trips rcd stays on
i go back try putting breaker back on trips after a couple minutes , every light in house working when breaker on
tried disconnecting all outside lights etc, also still tripped with every light switch in off position ,
after numerous attempts trying different things the rcd then tripped along with the mcb , now rcd wont stay on when lighting mcb is on everything else in house is ok , i have tried a different mcb for lighting and still happens , it also stayed on for 4 hours yesterday untill ittripped that night ,

no timers on circuit or anything

any thoughts

Sorry guys been M.i.a

been an on going job here customer only ever available now n then for around a hour ,
Found fault which was on the loop feed cable going between the 4th-5th switch , still haven't rewired it yet will be doing so next week , I'm thinking rodent or trapped along side heating pipe at boiler

Had a similar fault and situation a few months ago, could only ever spend an hour or so at the property, never ideal. Also, was never really a fault when I was there, was getting a 70meg IR and nothing lower, once it was in use for a few hours though it was then tripping, and found a multitude of small faults with nicked insulation, loose earths, loose connections, even an earth being used as a neutral link!

Was a squashed cable on top of a central heating pipe in the end, would have been solved a lot quicker and cheaper for them if they'd have told me the truth when I asked if they'd ever had a flood. Was being squashed more and more every time anyone walked along the upstairs passageway.

Reply to lighting circuit problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock