Currently reading:
Nightmare Client

Discuss Nightmare Client in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening chaps!

In the past I have come across some customers who try to pull fast ones with payments, but this particular customer is turning into a nightmare. After near enough completing quite a large job and receiving most of the money and also receiving plenty of compliments about my work I contacted the customer to arrange finishing a few small bits and signing off. In which I get a very abusive phone call saying how a good friend of theirs who is an electrician says I completely ripped them off and that most of my work was illegal (which is not true) after taking the abuse I told them I will not be returning to the job in which they replied they will be taking action against me. There has not been any contract nor receipts made as of yet, could I get In trouble with this as their work will not be finished or signed off by me?

Has the "electrician Friend" said the installation is illegal or is the client confusing "non compliant" with illegal if the "electrician Friend" has used the term illegal then I would have to question his ability, knowledge and experience as a electrician
The other theory would be he hasn't got an electrician friend and is looking for a way to get out of paying the bill as this seems to be the scam these days

The problem is its one word agest another.
When i was at school and trying to point out that any one could say any thing about someone what is ref as to a lower class than them, the person who is the upper class is trusted.

Me, i come from a council estate called buckland in portsmouth, and in the times i grew up there. I would looked well down apone.

with being a Electrician you are your name and company and any mud seems to stick even if its not true.

There is always going to be people out there that will slag you off, for no reason. I blame interbreeding. You just have to try and stay professional and rise above it. Your good customers will know that they are telling a pack of lies.

Hi, If was was you i would diffuse your verbal statement saying you will not be returning and send him a letter saying you are shocked by his statements on the phone and that you are willing to return to finish your quoted works (not that you might) but if it did get legal it would show you as willing and able to return to carry out the works and he is preventing you from doing so, if and when your back on site im sure discussions would be more amicable and you can have your BYB to back you up on the other creatures opinions,
A good start in my opinion

Come to Norfolk if you want to see inter breeding and awkward customers....
My wife's sisters husband comes from Norfolk. The north coast is a fantastic place to visit, but man there are some odd bods emanate from there. Mind you if you want to see inbreeding at it best you need to go to Derbyshire, I saw a bloke with 2 heads the other day.

My wife's sisters husband comes from Norfolk. The north coast is a fantastic place to visit, but man there are some odd bods emanate from there. Mind you if you want to see inbreeding at it best you need to go to Derbyshire, I saw a bloke with 2 heads the other day.
bet that was in the pub after 12 pints.

I've been in similar situations in the past, ask them in a softly spoken voice and like your whispering "do you need to make an arrangement to pay" most folk with money are disgusted at the thought that you think they can't afford to pay.

This is lot have special shoes made for their webbed feet as well

Reply to Nightmare Client in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock