Discuss Probably broken every rule in the book in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

Knobhead

I’ve probably broken every rule in the book with this. Was asked if I could do a cable joint between a 6mm T+E and a 2c 6mm SWA. It had to be as unobtrusive as possible as I was on a front wall of a graded building. The T+E ran for 6” below the rendering corbel so the joint would be on the stonework below.
Made the joint by soldering the cores using copper ferules in side a 25mm conduit coupling. The T+E earth was again soldered to 2.5mm singles and made off to the gland on the out side of the joint. Used bent 25mm earth tags to make the brackets to hold the joint to the wall. The joint was then filled with epoxy resin. The whole joint is only 1.5” long and almost unnoticeable after I’d stone painted the whole lot.
Tests were Ph – N <.75G @ 2500V 15 seconds, Ph + N - E .5G @ 1000V 15 seconds excessive testing I know but I wanted to see if it could stand it.

Reply to Probably broken every rule in the book in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock