Discuss Qualifications needed to register with Napit as EICR electrician in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I need some advice which course I should sign up for? I want to sign up with Napit as EICR qualified electrician.

I want to eventually be able to sign my own work off, complete condition reports, minor work cert. - all domestic side work.

Current qualifications 2330 level 2+3 and 17 edition which I need to recap on as it's been some time since I done course.

Appreciated if anyone can give advice by tomorrow. I'm going to sign up by tomorrow and place deposit down with able skills.

After course I plan on purchasing my own van and starting my own business as I don't seem to be receiving any help from electricians willing to take me on even for free labour so best to start up on my own.

Any help appreciated. Ty

One giant leap .............. from signing up with Able Skills to signing off your own work and EICR's !

1. To comply with Part P you need to be a member of a CPS and pass their "criteria"

2. There are no qualifications defined to enable you to do EICR's ......... but as a newbee you won't have the knowledge that others build up over many years ................and you don't have to be a member of a CPS to do these reports ............... however you do need to be competent.

Over what timer period do you have in mind?

One giant leap .............. from signing up with Able Skills to signing off your own work and EICR's !

1. To comply with Part P you need to be a member of a CPS and pass their "criteria"

2. There are no qualifications defined to enable you to do EICR's ......... but as a newbee you won't have the knowledge that others build up over many years ................and you don't have to be a member of a CPS to do these reports ............... however you do need to be competent.

Over what timer period do you have in mind?

Over next 2 years.

I understand that it won't come overnight. Hence why I am willing to work for free. To gain the theoritical knowledge which I once possessed, I plan on going back to study.

Which courses should I apply for in your opinion?

Hi, I need some advice which course I should sign up for? I want to sign up with Napit as EICR qualified electrician.

I want to eventually be able to sign my own work off, complete condition reports, minor work cert. - all domestic side work.

Current qualifications 2330 level 2+3 and 17 edition which I need to recap on as it's been some time since I done course.

Appreciated if anyone can give advice by tomorrow. I'm going to sign up by tomorrow and place deposit down with able skills.

After course I plan on purchasing my own van and starting my own business as I don't seem to be receiving any help from electricians willing to take me on even for free labour so best to start up on my own.

Any help appreciated. Ty
I wonder why?

If you haven't been able to get any experience, do you think you will be proficient enough to take on customer work when you start your business ?

Not having a go, but you need to consider the question before going in to this full time.

If you haven't been able to get any experience, do you think you will be proficient enough to take on customer work when you start your business ?

Not having a go, but you need to consider the question before going in to this full time.

I started importing goods from overseas and selling online. Hence why I never perserveered with electrical. More money elsewhere.

But now I need a stable job with long term job security.

I can see the need to earn money, but as I said, are you competent enough to take customers' money for doing electrical work?

I started importing goods from overseas and selling online. Hence why I never perserveered with electrical. More money elsewhere. Quadruple the pay of an

But now I need a stable job with long term job security.
I can see the need to earn money, but as I said, are you competent enough to take customers' money for doing electrical work?

The very reason why I never started last time... I don't intend to earn quick and ruin my reputation before get go. Hence why I would work with someone.

Next 6 months I'm planning on rewiring my own house. And 6 months later I plan on purchasing a property. Do it up so to to speak.

The very reason why I never started last time... I don't intend to earn quick and ruin my reputation before get go. Hence why I would work with someone.

Next 6 months I'm planning on rewiring my own house. And 6 months later I plan on purchasing a property. Do it up so to to speak.

I done a few installs here and there. Couple of ring circuits, R1, r2 short lead method tests etc. Zs impedance test all within parameters. All correct. Spurred a few sockets. I know it's a long shot compared to rewiring a whole property, but got to start somewhere I guess

Friend of mine done 1 year apprenticeship and now he's doing his 2 properties. So I can get some more experience through his project

You need to start by getting the 18th exam ....

And doing EICRs is boring , cut throat, and very unfulfilling

Appreciate your posts pal. Your genuinely trying to help and not trying to make a mockery out of anyone. Thank you.

I understand people want to protect there trade, less newcomers = less competition. The ones that tend to help are far to establishished to be concerned with newcomers like my self. Same thing with the current field I work in...

Reply to Qualifications needed to register with Napit as EICR electrician in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net