Discuss Qualifications needed to register with Napit as EICR electrician in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Never done much tbh. Second fix so all cables were looped down ready to terminate.

I thought I was going slow. Boss has been on the tools since he left school, now 32, took him 2/3 minutes at most.

I'll get there one day :D

I reckon the shoddy job I'm tidying up at the mo probably took them a few minutes per light to terminate, and it's BAD!

Once you get going on a repetitive task you'll soon pick up speed, but speed isn't everything.

This job is far better than sitting at my desk withering away getting fat.

Today completed 3 LEDs, outdoor socket, 5 ring sockets, few light switches - which I need to relearn, light fitting installed, two door bells installed + doorbell chime- chased out using sds/skutch chisel and few other small jobs.

Not bad a for a fat bloke :D 9am start tomorrow

Sounds like you've worked hard so let him pay you, have confidence in your worth, even if just minimum wage. Are you going to try and go the apprentiship route now with him?

Dont burn yourself out, maybe study, troll about on here for a while, or go tool shopping.

He's insisting he wants to pay, what sort of pay should I ask? Lols
Sounds like you've worked hard so let him pay you, have confidence in your worth, even if just minimum wage. Are you going to try and go the apprentiship route now with him?

Dont burn yourself out, maybe study, troll about on here for a while, or go tool shopping.

Well I agreed less than min wage for now. Weekly wage rather than daily.... Max 4.5 days, Fridays home early. Agreed to the wage, so I'm sticking to it, man of my word. This can be my spending money for the week. May even get a Lease car. I'm happy enough. I'll increase wages in a months time.

And yes I'm planning on doing an apprenticeship. Might go for 18th edition. Boss also interested.

Should I do nvq level 3? Or any other course. Any advice. I need to dust of college work and have a read through lighting - clueless when it comes to that.

Is it also good idea to take couple of pictures every day of the work I done and post on Instagram/Facebook for future employment to show I have on site experience, just encase he doesn't give reference should I move onto a salary job come 6months to a year's time.

Last edited:
No harm in keeping photos of your work. Wouldn't bother putting them on Facebook, but definitely keep them for future reference etc.

You don't need an NVQ

Just 2382 or you have the book and can demonstrate you know how to use

2393 building regulations book and part p document

Some form of testing qualification, 2392, 2391 etc

and account number and sort code

Reply to Qualifications needed to register with Napit as EICR electrician in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net