Discuss Qualifications needed to register with Napit as EICR electrician in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't think anyone is worried about newcomers coming into the trade. I for one welcome them
It's just were tired of seeing people coming into the industry and expecting to work for themselves unsupervised and filling out reports deeming someone's home is safe or not

I've got 7 years experience and I wouldn't want to do an EICR on my own without someone with more experience than me. Especially when all of my work has been new build installs. I couldn't possibly get the experience needed to carry out an effective EICR of property built in the 60's for example.

I'd just end up one of those cowboys who suck air through their teeth and just say it needs a rewire because I've seen an old fuse board

My advice is get yourself on site, learn the trade by becoming an electricians mate/improver. You'll be learning everything from how to install metal containment, to wiring a house all the way to testing and fault finding.
Then complete your NVQ level 3 so you can be a genuine qualified electrician. Then do the inspection and testing qualification with Ableskills (I did mine there)
Then hopefully you'll be ready to be out there on your own

No disrespect to you but you'll be a better electrician this way and will have the skills needed to make your customers happy and in turn make you more money. You can be better than every other Tom, Dick and Harry thinking their "pukka at lectrikz'

I am just wondering why you believe eicrs are worthwhile setting as your goal?
As Murdoch stated it is a cut throat market

The tick box companies and individuals and the prices available tend to deprive the market of the very people who are best able to test and inspect,good quality experienced electricians who try and do a thorough and competent job of eicrs
Unfortunately its generally left to less experienced people starting out to fill the market,consequently the prices are rubbish

With Napit you would require the 2391 test and inspection or the two part modern equivalent.
You would also be required to hold public indemnity insurance
If you do still want to pursue this path,the IET recommends that electricians who carry out eicrs should have above average knowledge and experience of the installations that they intend to test and inspect

This is a pipe dream by the Iet,nevertheless it shows what level you should be at before doing test and inspecting

Otherwise you will just be adding to the overwhelming amount of eicrs carried out by those who are least able,but good luck with your aims

Installed around 15-20 LEDs in 4 hours. My First attempt took 15 minutes :confused:. After third led, learnt the right technique. Top electrian, down to earth type of fella. First thing he done was show me what he had done, half of which I did not understand :eek: lol.

Opened my eyes a little. So much more to electrical than i envisaged. Elderly couple seem to be splashing out on a new kitchen. They somehow managed to unearth a cellar which was full of rubble. All emptied now ready for wine.

Time to recouperate, 8am start. Need to collect more LEDs from wholesaler.

Installed around 15-20 LEDs in 4 hours. My First attempt took 15 minutes :confused:. After third led, learnt the right technique. Top electrian, down to earth type of fella. First thing he done was show me what he had done, half of which I did not understand :eek: lol.

Opened my eyes a little. So much more to electrical than i envisaged. Elderly couple seem to be splashing out on a new kitchen. They somehow managed to unearth a cellar which was full of rubble. All emptied now ready for wine.

Time to recouperate, 8am start tomorrow. Also n need to collect more LEDs from wholesaler before heading on site.

Glad to hear it went well and hopefully will continue to do so, well done we get so many threads on I can’t find work or no one will give me a chance when those threads come up we can now put a link to this thread for inspiration for those who think there is no hope so once again well done

Fair do's.....keep learning.
Nearly 20 led fittings in four hours first time out, eh?
You'll be throwing a 15 way CU in within ten minutes next week...;)

Hi, I need some advice which course I should sign up for? I want to sign up with Napit as EICR qualified electrician.

I want to eventually be able to sign my own work off, complete condition reports, minor work cert. - all domestic side work.

Current qualifications 2330 level 2+3 and 17 edition which I need to recap on as it's been some time since I done course.

Appreciated if anyone can give advice by tomorrow. I'm going to sign up by tomorrow and place deposit down with able skills.

After course I plan on purchasing my own van and starting my own business as I don't seem to be receiving any help from electricians willing to take me on even for free labour so best to start up on my own.

Any help appreciated. Ty
Deleted

Fair do's.....keep learning.
Nearly 20 led fittings in four hours first time out, eh?
You'll be throwing a 15 way CU in within ten minutes next week...;)

Well the builder insisted I had to Devour a donut.... Rude not to on your first day. So time went thereHopefully I'll speed up soon with more experience.

Need to toughen up, finger tips hurting terminating cable.

Mustn't forget, congratulations on your award for 'top poster of month'. You must be delighted.

Well the builder insisted I had to Devour a donut.... Rude not to on your first day. So time went thereHopefully I'll speed up soon with more experience.

Need to toughen up, finger tips hurting terminating cable.

Mustn't forget, congratulations on your award for 'top poster of month'. You must be delighted.
No not really Mate, don't take much notice of it to be honest, here's one more to add to my score.

Reply to Qualifications needed to register with Napit as EICR electrician in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net