Search the forum,

Discuss Quick Pricing Enquiry in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I fit MK because they're such wee buns to fit. Terminal screws already backed out ( twice as many jobs before you get RSI!!) and terminals on sockets and FCUs are next to each other which I find makes prepping conductors a doddle. Also because of the 25yr guarantee clients will go the extra on the price which if you work on a percentage basis makes you more money. Would you rather have 15% of £500 or 15% of£600?

GET have a 25 year guarantee and they're owned by Schneider now. I've never had to return anything made by them. MK are just too much money for what they are, they're not that great.

GET have a 25 year guarantee and they're owned by Schneider now. I've never had to return anything made by them.

I use a lot of Denmans "Designa" range which is made by GET and regularly have to return a dozen or so switches and sockets every few months, so they`re not that good

I think Volti and eddie both have a point .

For my money if the customer wants to pay for it, MK for me purely for aesthetic-al reasons but it can be pricey. The only bugbear is you can buy ii most times cheaper down B

and Q and if the customer goes down there..... Secondly the terminal screws are not the best small and if used a few times can shrear secondly the Fuse in the fused spurs can

be a sod to release.

However if you are not as lucky as eddie and do not get ALL your work from recommendation . Then the cold ,hard facts are that you have to compete with others to get a job

and I do not like working for them, but reality bites and some customers want the cheapest price end of so they will not be getting MK

I think Volti and eddie both have a point .

For my money if the customer wants to pay for it, MK for me purely for aesthetic-al reasons but it can be pricey. The only bugbear is you can buy ii most times cheaper down B

and Q and if the customer goes down there..... Secondly the terminal screws are not the best small and if used a few times can shrear secondly the Fuse in the fused spurs can

be a sod to release.

However if you are not as lucky as eddie and do not get ALL your work from recommendation . Then the cold ,hard facts are that you have to compete with others to get a job

and I do not like working for them, but reality bites and some customers want the cheapest price end of so they will not be getting MK

Reply to Quick Pricing Enquiry in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock