Currently reading:
Register

Discuss Register in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Quite hypocritical of you to post on here and support it then really.

Exactly, bunch of hypocrites some on here. They use the forum and then criticise the sponsor that gives them the platform to spout off from lol

It doesn't make you a hypocrite if you do not like one of the sponsors, that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

I was just trying to say that training has changed immensely since most on here qualified. People now wanting to enter the industry are told they need 'part p' or we can qualify you to 'part p'
When they come on here asking basic questions and stating that they are 'part p qualified' maybe we should cut them a little slack and give them some guidance.

How did we get from this

Hi can anyone shed some light on this please, I retrained and have my domestic a part p , 17th regs& inspection & testing city & guilds qualifications, I would like to know so I have to belong to elecsa or niceic ? I understand that if I join these bodies it enables to self certify my own work, would it hinder me to take in work not belonging to either of these bodies .
Thanks

To this

Sounds just like certain people who come to this country use our services and then spout off about how bad the western way of life is.

How did we get from this

To this

Was as a bit random I know. I was just reading in the paper about some "hate preacher" spouting off about this country whilst being on benefits ffs and saw a loose comparison.
I agree with Tony about the course provider. Seems like 5 weeks was too long to be in training and it's now down to 18 days.

This thread is a throwback to the 'good ol days' of the forum where people got regularly slated because they don't meet the minimum standard of a chosen few. With the exception of a handful of the posts on this thread it isn't acceptable.

If you've got a problem with the required qualifications to become a domestic installer then lobby an MPor there's plenty of threads around on the topic of the 'state of the industry' or 'deskilling' without having to alienate or belittle newcomers in their own threads and then act surprised when they get 'arsey'.

If you don't have anything constructive to say the rather don't say anything.

Reply to Register in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock