CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Replacement access door on SECTOR consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all, a couple of weeks ago I managed to smash to smithereens the transparent plastic access door/cover on my sector consumer unit, that's at the top of my stairs. I need to get a new door/cover to replace it.

I know all C/U's now are metal, but I was wondering if anyone has an old one, or knows of somewhere I could buy an obsolete SECTOR C/U just for the door? I guess it doesn't have to be SECTOR just as long as it fits...Obviously I'll be happy to buy the entire thing although I only need a part of it.

many thanks for reading...

Aico 3000 Range
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been looking on Ebay. No good... Lots of Wylex.

the Plastic Equipment Enclosure as I believe it's called, measures -
325mm width
140 height
35mm thick at the top of the door
20 mm at the bottom.

Attachments

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I think the 'Sector' unit pictured was at that time made by Wylex on contract to Rexel Senate wholesalers so that may help ?

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
the broken flap is not essential. without it the CU is still safe. bugger it. spend your pennies on beer.

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Buy some 12mm ply and some hinges and box it in.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Really? I bow to your superior knowledge but , my Sparky doesn't agree...
then he's an Arse. ask him if he can poke his finger into the enclosure. it's known as IP rating, if he knows what that is.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Reply to Replacement access door on SECTOR consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom