Discuss Replacement access door on SECTOR consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all, a couple of weeks ago I managed to smash to smithereens the transparent plastic access door/cover on my sector consumer unit, that's at the top of my stairs. I need to get a new door/cover to replace it.

I know all C/U's now are metal, but I was wondering if anyone has an old one, or knows of somewhere I could buy an obsolete SECTOR C/U just for the door? I guess it doesn't have to be SECTOR just as long as it fits...Obviously I'll be happy to buy the entire thing although I only need a part of it.

many thanks for reading...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been looking on Ebay. No good... Lots of Wylex.

the Plastic Equipment Enclosure as I believe it's called, measures -
325mm width
140 height
35mm thick at the top of the door
20 mm at the bottom.

Attachments

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I think the 'Sector' unit pictured was at that time made by Wylex on contract to Rexel Senate wholesalers so that may help ?

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
the broken flap is not essential. without it the CU is still safe. bugger it. spend your pennies on beer.

This unit was made by Electrium (parent company of Wylex, Crabtree etc). Give the technical/sales helpline a ring and explain the situation. They may have a front cover somehwere that you can order through your wholesaler. You won't be able to order direct. If there is a part number somewhere that will help them find the replacement part for you. From memory the comsumer units were sv something. Failing that give them the part number on the mcb and no. of ways of board and they should find it that

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Replacement access door on SECTOR consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom