Discuss Replacement access door on SECTOR consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all, a couple of weeks ago I managed to smash to smithereens the transparent plastic access door/cover on my sector consumer unit, that's at the top of my stairs. I need to get a new door/cover to replace it.

I know all C/U's now are metal, but I was wondering if anyone has an old one, or knows of somewhere I could buy an obsolete SECTOR C/U just for the door? I guess it doesn't have to be SECTOR just as long as it fits...Obviously I'll be happy to buy the entire thing although I only need a part of it.

many thanks for reading...

I've been looking on Ebay. No good... Lots of Wylex.

the Plastic Equipment Enclosure as I believe it's called, measures -
325mm width
140 height
35mm thick at the top of the door
20 mm at the bottom.

Attachments

• Replacement access door on SECTOR consumer unit cu - EletriciansForums.net
    cu.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
I guess it doesn't have to be SECTOR just as long as it fits...
You guess very wrong. Do you believe for one second that the manufacturer's type testing etc. will have been based on random components being used?

the broken flap is not essential. without it the CU is still safe. bugger it. spend your pennies on beer.

Really? I bow to your superior knowledge but , my Sparky doesn't agree...
then he's an Arse. ask him if he can poke his finger into the enclosure. it's known as IP rating, if he knows what that is.

Have you thought of a part time job in the diplomatic corps?
then he's an Arse. ask him if he can poke his finger into the enclosure. it's known as IP rating, if he knows what that is.

Take the lid off first then tell him to stick his fingers into the enclosure....

I’ll get my coat

This unit was made by Electrium (parent company of Wylex, Crabtree etc). Give the technical/sales helpline a ring and explain the situation. They may have a front cover somehwere that you can order through your wholesaler. You won't be able to order direct. If there is a part number somewhere that will help them find the replacement part for you. From memory the comsumer units were sv something. Failing that give them the part number on the mcb and no. of ways of board and they should find it that

Reply to Replacement access door on SECTOR consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock