Discuss Sealing a consumer unit entry points?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

anthonybragg

Electrician's Arms
Okay Richy and Chris enough is enough this has totally side tracked the thread and turned into a baiting match. I have deleted one post so either reply with regard to the OPs question or don't post at all.
Reading the last couple of posts it's starting to put the forum in a bad light.

anthonybragg

Electrician's Arms
I have taken a look at the video that was posted there was a big hole behind the existing consumer unit.
Now I have not fitted many Hager consumer units but it looks like there is knockouts on the back that knock out as a whole, not in parts so there is more aperture that is needed the only thing that can be done is make good the wall or seal the hole. How much is a tube of intermittent mastic?

Spoon

Forum Mentor
Reading the last couple of posts it's starting to put the forum in a bad light.
I have to apologise for that... Asking someone to bring cheesecake on a date is a bit OTT.... Soz...

Pete999

Forum Mentor
I have taken a look at the video that was posted there was a big hole behind the existing consumer unit.
Now I have not fitted many Hager consumer units but it looks like there is knockouts on the back that knock out as a whole, not in parts so there is more aperture that is needed the only thing that can be done is make good the wall or seal the hole. How much is a tube of intermittent mastic?
INTUMESCENT.

richy3333

Forum Mentor
@westward10 apologies. No offence was meant on my part and I have to say I missed Chris's last comments so will never know what pearls of wisdom he had to say :( North of the boarder we're made of string stuff so I cant imagine he would have been offensive...

anthonybragg

Electrician's Arms
th
Only if you get it all of the time, and not every so often. or intermittently. Soz Ant in one of those moods, forgive please.
Chris was told we are supposed to be sealing all entry points to the CU according The the wiring regulations by the guy running the course but that’s not what’s in the Regulations hence the post
To be honest a few years ago with a previous NICEIC inspector in the days of plastic C.U's he picked up that one of the lads on the back had knocked out the whole of the knockout and not part and pulled us up regarding the enclosure and this was on a plasterboard dot and dab wall with block behind. In the video there is a cavity.

Last edited:

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.