Search the forum,

Discuss separation of data , coax. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Have got a building to wire with data and coax with the usual power. Am going to put in a trunking system. the question is can i run my data for IT sockets in the same compartment as tv coax cable??

Have got a building to wire with data and coax with the usual power. Am going to put in a trunking system. the question is can i run my data for IT sockets in the same compartment as tv coax cable??

Remember it's 'segregation' , separation is a different thing but a decent coax has very good screening properties so there shouldn't be a problem.

thanks guys, looks like two compartment then which will be easier ! would sat cable be more suitable as got that not coax. would need to get coax flown over and hence more expense. sorry to mention but overseas so logistics are a nightmare too. cant guarantee its not chinese!!

engineer54. he's in the wirral. that's like the outer planets. have to get it flown in across the mersey.

sat. cable is ideal. it's far better quality than the tv coax.

Last edited:
In a test[SUP]1[/SUP] comparing a standard (unbalanced) contract aerial, normal low-loss TV coax and a freebie flylead from an unscreened wall plate to the DTT box with the equivalent balanced aerial, CT100 grade coax, screened outlet and CT100 fly lead, an improvement of 22dB in interference reduction was observed. If the original system just suffered interference from a source 50m away, the use of correct installation would mean the same interference would have to come to about 15 m of the installation before causing interference. It's cheaper to buy good cable to keep interference out than it is to buy up all your neighbours' houses to shut their electrics down and dig up the road for 50m either side of your house.

engineer54. he's in the wirral. that's like the outer planets. have to get it flown in across the mersey.

sat. cable is ideal. it's far better quality than the tv coax.

Sorry, ignorant of things up North past Watford gap...lol!! I was only going by him saying :''sorry to mention but overseas so logistics are a nightmare too. cant guarantee its not chinese!!''

i did hear that CEF had opened a branch on the wirral, staffed by sioux and cherokee.

i am in afghanistan on a camp with a british forces broadcast, only a whole 9 channels to entertain us, but its better than nothing. the cable will be run in a trunking segregated from power cables feeding sockets, lights and hvac. all materials have to be flown in unless we get it from the local market (quality defo not assured).

Reply to separation of data , coax. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back