Discuss Texecom 'A System Low Battery Alarm Occured' in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

jmmrly

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,
I've just got a texecom connect notification that 'A System Low Battery Alarm Occured'. I'm wanting to find out what this means? I'm a total Texecom newbie but i'm wanting to see if I can sort it out myself rather than calling the installer back for a charge. I've had it around 2 years now. Is this a device such as the keypad, or sensors that are low or the alarm backup, is there a way for me to find out what device has low battery? I've attached an image of the keypad and the alert, as i've no idea what model it is etc.
Texecom 'A System Low Battery Alarm Occured' 20201229_154838 - EletriciansForums.neth

TL;DR
Texecom 'A System Low Battery Alarm Occured
detector batteries are recommended replacing every 2 years. as you say the ststem is 2 years od. that could be the problem.

Hi,
I've just got a texecom connect notification that 'A System Low Battery Alarm Occured'. I'm wanting to find out what this means? I'm a total Texecom newbie but i'm wanting to see if I can sort it out myself rather than calling the installer back for a charge. I've had it around 2 years now. Is this a device such as the keypad, or sensors that are low or the alarm backup, is there a way for me to find out what device has low battery? I've attached an image of the keypad and the alert, as i've no idea what model it is etc.
View attachment 63322h
That keypad would indicate that it is a premier elite control panel

So i'm now getting another error, System Alerts- Battery fault. So it looks like it's the backup battery that's gone. I've had a look at tutorials for replacing it and it looks dead easy, taking the leads off the one, and just putting them on the new one. Do you reckon I could do it myself? Or would you recommend getting my alarm installer in? Though they're charging a call-out fee (As expected)

It might save you a lot of grief if you get them out . Unless you are confident to follow the sequence of opening the panel and restoring it after you have put the battery in you could give yourself a lot more expense.

Should be straight forward then, without the engineers code you would have created tamper faults
Looking at tutorials it looks pretty easy, entering the engineer code then just taking off the front panel and the two connectors off the battery and onto the new one. The only thing that worries me is that the battery is less than 2 years old, could it be something else that's caused the fault?

It could be one of Texecom‘s faulty batch of psu’s but unlikely as you say it is 2 years old, could be a poor quality battery installed in the first place, have you had any power cuts lately?

rare to have a panel battery fail in 2 years. could be the battery fuse gone

It could be one of Texecom‘s faulty batch of psu’s but unlikely as you say it is 2 years old, could be a poor quality battery installed in the first place, have you had any power cuts lately?
I had 2 or so lasting about 30mins last year but nothing recent.

Do you have the LED‘s flashing on the siren? With the cold weather and it being 2 years it could be them, external siren batteries only last 2 years with LED’s on

Reply to Texecom 'A System Low Battery Alarm Occured' in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock