Discuss Tips on getting cable through kopex in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hoover taped on to one end. And bit of string the other and suck it through the kopex. Not sure if it would work over that distance though.
Small plastic bag on the end of the string can help.

Hi guys does anyone have any tips for getting a 40-50m length of 10mm earthing conductor through a run of 20mm Kopex? Many Thanks

Is the copex already in?

Draw tape.
Cut the Kopex into smaller sections and put through boxes in.
Tie wrap the 10mm to the outside of the Kopex.
If the Kopex isn't installed yet, feed the Kopex over the 10mm, easier if you can hang the 10mm down a stairwell.

Thanks for the tips and info, people. Little spark it seems your correct they only come in 10m packs by the looks of it, looks like there will be a couple of boxes along the way

It is generally available in 10m lengths because its not normally suitable for long runs, that's where normal conduit would be used.
What is the application which requires a 50m flexible conduit?

Please enlighten us why you are installing an earthing conductor in 40/50 mtrs of copex? is this to be buried alongside a SWA sub-distribution cable?

As above, the vac and string can work well.
Also, if you have a mig welder, use it to feed the wire down conduit ( welding wire acts as a good draw wire) make sure you bend the end over before feeding it down and do it with the conduit in a straight line.

We regularly put twisted pairs, fibers etc through 30+meters of copex as protection for cables run below computer floors. Best way is to lay the copex out straight and use a small cobra to feed through the copex. Shaking the copex helps. Then install the whole lot as one system.

We regularly put twisted pairs, fibers etc through 30+meters of copex as protection for cables run below computer floors. Best way is to lay the copex out straight and use a small cobra to feed through the copex. Shaking the copex helps. Then install the whole lot as one system.
Do the spitting cobras get hissed off when they get stuffed in the coped ?

Is it just me? I’m pretty new to this game and have seen Kopex promoted by lots of vlogging sparks, being used all over the place particularly in sheds and the like. Appreciate its ease of use which is the main plus but I do think it looks a bit tacky :rolleyes:
It's ok in it's place , like cars and plant ect , but I agree with you , not nice where it has to be pretty. ;)
[automerge]1568312283[/automerge]
Is it just me? I’m pretty new to this game and have seen Kopex promoted by lots of vlogging sparks, being used all over the place particularly in sheds and the like. Appreciate its ease of use which is the main plus but I do think it looks a bit tacky :rolleyes:
It's ok in it's place , like cars and plant ect , but I agree with you , not nice where it has to be pretty. ;)

Reply to Tips on getting cable through kopex in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock