Discuss Trying to identify distributors fuse in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

ktech

Hi, i'm trying to identify the rating of a distributors fuse. I have attached a picture of the said fuse. The markings on it state Schneider Type YN6 but give no indication of rating or short circuit capacity. It's been suggested that these are 400A. Anybody come across them?

Attachments

• IMAG0040[1].jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 79
Hey.

I have seen them before but only in DNO service heads, The fuse is inside the white holder with the black wingnuts on it.

They are usually BS 1361 200A - 400A, 33KA.

No real way of telling without pulling one.

Cheers

Agree with Lenny also you might have fuses at the back the front sometimes are covers and you pull these and think the cutout fuses are now removed but looking right at back behind link holders whala there they lye ! their sometimes very small be carefull ! some dont look like fuses just small black links.
Regards
Kung

Hi, had an opportunity to take a look at these.

I had the sense to remove all load past the head in case removing the covers actually took the fuses out, and it did, the casings with handles are enclosures with BS88's inside.

Anybody care to comment on the earthing arrangement from my posted picture? Looking at it the neutral comes from the cable armour going to a cutout at the top right of the board. Then an earth wire disappears back underground. My thoughts would be TN-C-S. I just found it interesting with the armour used for N and this additional earth wire.

Hi.

I agree it is a TN-C-S, the stranded outer conductor isn't really an armouring as you would find in an SWA as it's usually copper and is intended to be a conductor.

I have seen the board do this many times where they install a seperate earth back out and bury it in their trench, thus backing up the PME with a TT, also helping to keep the neutral at or near earth potential as they do all the way back to the transformer.

Cheers

Reply to Trying to identify distributors fuse in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net