Currently reading:
unused fcu in kitchen

Discuss unused fcu in kitchen in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steviebaby

Some advise would make my life alot easier and get my wife off my back. ok here goes
I have an unused fcu in the kitchen but it is still live. I want to know if it would be safe to tape up any wires so i can replace the front cover with a blank so it (looks better. its my kitchen) aaaggggghhhhhh. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks guys.

or terminate in wagos. if you have 2 cables, be sure to preserve the connections . can't quite see what you mean by an unfused FCU, though. FCU=Fused Connection Unit

OK so i ain't got rocker's bins again. was sure ir said unfused. DOH. another fine mess i've gotten me into. and, stevie, yes he means a connector block, or choc block. wagos are screwless connectors, fit and forget.

url

That will do nicely for the LINE/NEUTRAL. The earth though that is on the cable should be screwed into the little screw in the back box. You may have a little piece of wire that is now connected into the face plate of the FCU from the back box, you can remove that and then screw the YELLOW/GREEN into that screw from the cable.

Last edited:
well pointed out there malc. stevie, if you're using a screw terminal block make sure its the correct size. eg 15A or 30A.

If the terminal block is being used as a means of making safe and not as part of the circuit where it would carry current, then it wont matter what size you use, as long as the entry hole is big enough to take the bared core
Thats assuming that there is only the one cable at the spur

Last edited:

Reply to unused fcu in kitchen in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock