Discuss What's the largest size array for a 60 amp cable head fuse? Single phase. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

normally 100A if you're lucky. anything over that, it's time to consider 3 phase.

You're probably better off asking the DNO.

I think Tel thought you meant what's the maximum size a single phase supply could be, as I thought you were asking the same thing until I noticed this is in the PV section so I assume you actually want to know what the max size of PV you could have is?

We've got 2 17kW single phase PV systems in our village, very much DNO dependant and what else is on that phase from the substation.
one installed in 2012 the other on 2015, different phases same substation, no other PV systems attached to those phases.

if you get > 8kW you will have done well.

SP Networks are the DNO.
It's an established smallholding with a single phase supply with a 60 amp cable head fuse.
I'm trying to gauge the maximum size of solar panel array in kW likely to be approved. Roof space isn't a problem.

Regarding a previous response of 5 kW on single phase, I recently got approval for a 10.9 kW array on a domestic house with single phase but 100 amp cable head fuse.

There is no real alternative to asking the DNO. Everything else is just guesswork, and it depends entirely on the local network circumstances.

Most likely a smallholding has a dedicated transformer on to a 11kV 1-phase overhead line, and neighbours will all be on their own transformers as well, so that would be in favour of a larger connection.

Some DNOs (e.g. WPD) publish interactive maps on their website that show possible connection limitations for distributed generation. But in the end, all you can do is ask them.

60A feed, I doubt you'll get more than 16amps solar, but depends if they put in a bigger supply cable than that would indicate, length of cable, transformer, if the neighbours have any, whether the DNO engineer got laid the night before etc

The people at SP Energy Networks are really helpful, and will also give you a verbal decision over the phone you can then work from for a G59 application.

Biggest I had was a split phase at 18kW (9kw each phase), but that was with SSE and at 100amps.

Reply to What's the largest size array for a 60 amp cable head fuse? Single phase. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock