Currently reading:
What's this then..?

Discuss What's this then..? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

looks like a damp course device to me,interestingly they were very much in vogue years ago,when the only other solution was to hack bricks out and put either slate or a plastic strip in,then with the onset of chemical injection they fell out of favour.now they seem to be making a comeback.

Full-wave rectified DC PSU stabilised with zener and a bypass transistor by the looks of it. My money's on a BFY51. Daz

looks like a damp course device to me,interestingly they were very much in vogue years ago,when the only other solution was to hack bricks out and put either slate or a plastic strip in,then with the onset of chemical injection they fell out of favour.now they seem to be making a comeback.

Those electro osmotic damp proofing systems have never worked, not now or back then, when they first appeared, which i think was in or around the late 60's or early 70's. The theory on which the systems are based, is floored and if anything will attract/hold damp rather than disperse it...

I would say, having cable terminals...it was used for descaling water...A length of cable would be coiled around the pipe, with the idea of emf would prevent scaling in hard water areas

Reply to What's this then..? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back