Search the forum,

Discuss What's this then..? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

NDG Elecs

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
DSC_1792.jpg

Hi,

Just wandering what this thing is. It's got a fuse as you can see and then two other ' things' !

Never seen one before that I recall and didn't have time to investigate it.

Ta.

pic with the lid off would be more helpful. i ain't got my x-ray specs on.

I am back there Monday so will try n remember to have a gander. Thought it may have been a standard unit of some sort from years gone by. Never heard of elec DPC, but property is an old stone built house which prob has had damp issues in the past. Not sure where the flex goes as of yet.

1959 Tel....could you be a little more specific please!

the green one looks like a thermocouple outlet!!

I am back there Monday so will try n remember to have a gander. Thought it may have been a standard unit of some sort from years gone by. Never heard of elec DPC, but property is an old stone built house which prob has had damp issues in the past. Not sure where the flex goes as of yet.

1959 Tel....could you be a little more specific please!

All about 1959 here >>>> 1959.com - Cars

DSC_1818.jpg

Just a quick update for those remotely interested....granted it's not that interesting!

Here is a photo of the internals. No markings indicating anything inside. I have not a clue what it was or is!

Thanks for replies everyone

looks like a damp course device to me,interestingly they were very much in vogue years ago,when the only other solution was to hack bricks out and put either slate or a plastic strip in,then with the onset of chemical injection they fell out of favour.now they seem to be making a comeback.

Full-wave rectified DC PSU stabilised with zener and a bypass transistor by the looks of it. My money's on a BFY51. Daz

looks like a damp course device to me,interestingly they were very much in vogue years ago,when the only other solution was to hack bricks out and put either slate or a plastic strip in,then with the onset of chemical injection they fell out of favour.now they seem to be making a comeback.

Those electro osmotic damp proofing systems have never worked, not now or back then, when they first appeared, which i think was in or around the late 60's or early 70's. The theory on which the systems are based, is floored and if anything will attract/hold damp rather than disperse it...

I would say, having cable terminals...it was used for descaling water...A length of cable would be coiled around the pipe, with the idea of emf would prevent scaling in hard water areas

Reply to What's this then..? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net