Discuss Which Van is best for an electrical contractor? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

im almost 6ft 3 and i have a vw caddy, find that fine.
apart from looking for a new van after going down A1 on my roof at 60mph just before xmas, it stood up to that well also .
D

Hi guys, had a bit if bad luck over christmas had my van broken into and had away with all my tools and test gear. I have a 60 plate ford transit and was wondering if anyone knows the best extra security (save sleeping in it with a shot gun!) so this doesn't happen again

Thanks

David

Tool Insurance !!

I've been done a few times. If they really want it they'll get it. I've heard of site boxes been cut open in minutes. See a pic of a transit side door folded in half the other day.

That been said anything that slows them down is worth a shot. I chain my back doors shut from the inside.

But having tool cover is well worth it.

I have a heavy chain that goes around the expensive stuff, to the bulkhead, and a pad lock. and grills on the windows, not sure how long it would stop em for, but hopefully long enough.

*******s. If only they knew how much damage they do to our lives.

Van locks, van vaults, van cages too if you can afford it.

Where was the van when it got broken into? Where do you park overnight?

*******s. If only they knew how much damage they do to our lives. Van locks, van vaults, van cages too if you can afford it. Where was the van when it got broken into? Where do you park overnight?
They are either badly brought up by criminal families and don't care or they are full of drugs.....or both... what about an extremely loud alarm and a smoke filler.......we can't do much legally to protect our property or things...if we discover them raiding the van they will probably try to put us in hospital but if they hurt themselves stealing from us we will get in trouble..... its a sick backwards country

Clam shell locks from Protectavan in Orsett Essex

As flukey said protectavan are good, i had them fit deadlocks on the rear of my primaster, and my van has lockable racking inside for my test gear.

Out of interest was there any damage to your transit? A friend of mine works for ford, about a year ago a few sets of ford transit master keys went missing and have been used by thieves to get in to vans, so any deadlock will help as the remote key wont open it.

Tim

2 x 32g steel shot, concrete shoes for the remains and drop em overboard whilst out fishing. They'll not do it again.

Remove plastic van handles for zinc plated replacements, small hole on underside of chasis with a temporary link to the houses mains via crocodile clips taken from dedicated FCU to the locking mechanism. Small sound amplifier and microphone fitted alongside some sort of siren/speaker system wired to external brick work of house, when you hear the bugger squeeling, approach slowly with "big daddy" baseball bat (£29.99 argos) retro fitted with 6 inch nail, chanting the words "im going to eat your face, im going to eat your face, im going to eat your face" whilst he hangs off the door handle, shaking....wetting himself....

Reply to Which Van is best for an electrical contractor? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net