Discuss Wiring an Alpha 100 cooker + central heating into S plan system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jimlucas78

Hi all,
Thanks for having a look at my post and many thanks in advance for any help you might offer.

Called to a customers house to sort out an overflow issue - this has resulted in an extensive re-plumbing of a very bad job.... however the wiring is equally as terrible and needs redoing.

Only problem is that this is my first go on a non standard boiler and there's more cables than I'm used to.

The only information I have to go with is this page from a depleted user manual - can't seem to find much online about the Alpha 100:
View attachment 35846

At the Alpha wiring centre I have cables L,N,E,6,9,10,11.
Happy with the first 3, to junction box terminals 1-3.
6 is not required as controller is mains fed from junction?
9 ???? Is this used for a 3rd channel to control oven only??? - in which case I wouldn't need it as using a 2 channel programmer.
10 Valve switched live - happy with that going into junction box 10.
11 Pump live - again into junction box 10

I'm trying to merge the dated image above into a more standard:
Wiring an Alpha 100 cooker + central heating into S plan system {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

All in all I'm a bit confused. Any help or up to date wiring diagrams would be much appreciated.
And would I be right in thinking Rayburn bought out Alpha and now offer tech support for this product/

Thanks for your time

James

The cooker has a high limit thermostat that cuts the power to the controls in the event of the high limit thermostat operating/opening that's why the controls are fed from terminal 6. 6 is power to controls via cooker internal high limit, 9 is from 1 channel on programmer for cooker, 10 switched live and 11 pump/pump over run.

The cooker has a high limit thermostat that cuts the power to the controls in the event of the high limit thermostat operating/opening that's why the controls are fed from terminal 6. 6 is power to controls via cooker internal high limit, 9 is from 1 channel on programmer for cooker, 10 switched live and 11 pump/pump over run.
Many thanks,
Wish I took photo of what I removed!! Lots of lives and greys badly squeezed into the same terminal!! Makes perfect sense. I expected 1 left over wire but not the 2 I had on paper.
Was that info just sitting there in your head or do you have a link to some diagrams please?

Reply to Wiring an Alpha 100 cooker + central heating into S plan system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock