Search the forum,

Discuss 1.5 mm T&E on a B32 MCB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not working on this circuit but not sure what to do. The circuit appears to only supply an unused FCU which I'd like to disconnect in the CU but as it has nothing to do with the work I'm doing I cannot spend too much time investigating the full circuit.

I have isolated the MCB overnight and asked the customer to have a look round to see if anything else is fed from it with the intention of disconnecting it in the morning.

Is this the best way forward, can't bring myself to ignore it so would like to leave it as safe as possible without incurring hours of extra work I don't have the time to do.

Pete, Changing the MCB brings the circuit under my responsibility and I simply don't have the time to T&I it, I don't have a 6amp either.

Just checking that disconnecting it doesn't have any hidden consequences I haven't thought of.

Pete, Changing the MCB brings the circuit under my responsibility and I simply don't have the time to T&I it, I don't have a 6amp either.

Just checking that disconnecting it doesn't have any hidden consequences I haven't thought of.
What exactly were you there to do?

1.5 is the minimum for a power circuit, if the only thing connected is a fused spur then it can't pull no more than 13A. If the installation method permits adequate CCC and the CSA is adeqate for fault current/thermal constraints under fault conditions then technically there is nothing wrong with it.

1.5 is the minimum for a power circuit, if the only thing connected is a fused spur then it can't pull no more than 13A. If the installation method permits adequate CCC and the CSA is adeqate for fault current/thermal constraints under fault conditions then technically there is nothing wrong with it.
True.....but he'll have to check....and that's gonna take time, man.:rolleyes:

True.....but he'll have to check....and that's gonna take time, man.:rolleyes:
I agree but we don't know what the OP was tasked with in the first place, If he were to remove the OCPD would that need a MNWC?

What exactly were you there to do?
replacing like for like, just thought I'd do a quick Ze, IR and check the RCD and noticed the the 1.5 in the B32.

Reply to 1.5 mm T&E on a B32 MCB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back