Discuss 50 year old radial sockets at floor level in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

depends on the building. we've worked on a grade II 350 year old cottage with plaster and larve walls in which all wiring had to be surface and no holes drilled through the main structure.

Allow me to rephrase it then. There are many hundreds, probably thousands, of listed buildings up and down the country, I've had the privilege of working in a few. I have never heard of a rule which prohibits chasing walls, could you point me in the direction of it please
it's on a housing Estate in a block of flats. I was informed by their head office that the buildings were listed and chasing was not allowed

Just a case of Cart Leading Horse..... their are a lot of head strong customers out there that think they can dictate and get their own way regardless of the reg's you have to follow... its just a matter of expressing requirements and where you can make allowances due to the listing of a building if that be the case.

Golden rule.... dont let the customer dictate the job they should only give what they prefer and not demand ... if its means you can't meet cuurent regs then you need to evaluate whether it will impact the safety of the installation and if it does not then a deviation from the reg's can be called under certain situations... i.e listed building etc

why would i need to pull up 2 T & E's if there's more than 1 socket for a radial circuit?

Thankyou for this post....can go to bed with a smile on my face!!!!

Junction box to junction box is not good!

Can't believe you just ask that, if a radial of sockets has more than 1 outlet the all the socket before the last one will have 2 x t&e at them..... or have i misread your response ?
but you won't have 2 T & E's in the same conduit! you'll have 2 T & E's in the same connection box, but that's not what the guy said! one goes one way, one goes the other!!

why would i need to pull up 2 T & E's if there's more than 1 socket for a radial circuit?

Thankyou for this post....can go to bed with a smile on my face!!!!

Junction box to junction box is not good!

Eh? how else would you wire a radial circuit? you're joking, right?

E4u is saying a pipe feeds a socket and another pipe feeds the next,if that's so he will be pulling one 2,5 mm ( but as I said earlier a 4.0mm would be just as easy)

So your going to run radial to many junction boxes under floor, then spur aff these up your conduit and into te socket?

- - - Updated - - -

Spur off these. I ment

It's very simple.The conduit runs from the CU to each socket backbox.there's 4 sockets on the circuit. there's no juntion boxes. this is a 50 year old installation.

Thread temporarily closed by request. I'll leave it to the mods here to discuss whether it should be reopened.

Reply to 50 year old radial sockets at floor level in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net