Discuss Advantage with NIC training for Part P requirements? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dixon9

I´ve been wading through info from all the 5 current part-p bodies and training courses from various sources.

The dark side NIC appear heavily linked to C&G´s with their training courses and I´ve noticed that within their Domestic Installer Scheme (training for Part P) there is a final 1 day assessment element - is this an alternative to the assessment that you would "normally" have to carry out with their assesor looking at 2 jobs before deciding that you are "competent"? i.e if you pass this assessment then you become Part P registered with them? OR....is this assessment used to satisfy that you can obtain the Domestic Installer certificate AND then later you have to call their assessor out to look at a couple of your jobs?

Their 2391 courses also have a 1/2 day/full day assessment element as well as the theory - are you awarded C&G 2391 when/if you pass - OR do you have to apply for a space at a C&G location to sit the exam and also the assessment?

Finally, there are various 2391´s - the one that interests me is the Inspection and Testing but I´ve noticed that there is another 2391 variant for circuit design. Would passing the 2391 circuit design course also satisfy the 2391 testing and inspection elements within that course eg. would interested parties accept passing the 2391 circuit design course as also competent to test and inspect at 2391 testing and inspection level?

Appreciate any comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I´ve been wading through info from all the 5 current part-p bodies and training courses from various sources.

The dark side NIC appear heavily linked to C&G´s with their training courses and I´ve noticed that within their Domestic Installer Scheme (training for Part P) there is a final 1 day assessment element - is this an alternative to the assessment that you would "normally" have to carry out with their assesor looking at 2 jobs before deciding that you are "competent"? i.e if you pass this assessment then you become Part P registered with them? OR....is this assessment used to satisfy that you can obtain the Domestic Installer certificate AND then later you have to call their assessor out to look at a couple of your jobs?

Their 2391 courses also have a 1/2 day/full day assessment element as well as the theory - are you awarded C&G 2391 when/if you pass - OR do you have to apply for a space at a C&G location to sit the exam and also the assessment?

Finally, there are various 2391´s - the one that interests me is the Inspection and Testing but I´ve noticed that there is another 2391 variant for circuit design. Would passing the 2391 circuit design course also satisfy the 2391 testing and inspection elements within that course eg. would interested parties accept passing the 2391 circuit design course as also competent to test and inspect at 2391 testing and inspection level?

Appreciate any comments.

ok,

No, if you pass NICEIC's DISQ qual, you would still have to have you on site assessment

The 2391 (inspecting and testing ) qual is made up two elements, there is a practical exam (consisting of 4 practical tests) and a written threory paper

Both must be passed independently, and both must be sat a C&G appreoved training centre

The 2391 design qual is entirely seperate from the 2391 test and inspect qual. The design used to be a seperate qual called C&G2 400

there is nothing in either of the quals that 'carries accross' to the other

Well Ok, I knew about the content of the exams but the situation is there is no C&G pass then - only a "NIC pass" - cheers Shakey.

I am doing the DISQ course in a few weeks and have heard good things and bad things about the course. I have been an apprentice for a year now and want to register so that i can work. Can people tell me the restrictions of the course and the NICEIC domestic installer restrictions i.e if i do a full rewire or a new build will the certificate i am able to issue be acceptable as a landlords certificate. Also can i carry out visual domestic inspections?

Thanks guys

Reply to Advantage with NIC training for Part P requirements? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock