Discuss Always always test to make sure circuit is dead in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

does the stolen neutrals scinario only show up if the other circuit is switched on????? does a neutral to earth prove this aswell???id say i wade in . i was working in a house on friday and my multimeter was showing voltage on a cable but when i isolated still showing 12v or so and couldnt see where the cable was going too and couldnt check as would of ment busting holes in ceiling of an attic, was a nightmare to explain as i bought a light before but then it couldnt go up... i live and learn
ps you know anywhere with good offers on approved voltage indicators as i might make purchase today.. then i wouldnt of had my problem

Fluke T-5 best voltage tester money can buy!!

Drop Test meter a line see if he can get you one, if not

Fluke T5-600 Voltage, Continuity and Current Testers

Lads tell me..You come across a wire a single/pair lighting or power.
How do you prove it dead ? No E to the light circuit ? Maybe the E and Neutral are cut off, so you have a Line Live. and nothing to test it against, I know how I do it, I take a proven E from say a proven circuit say a ring and test to that.Don't get fried guys

Reply to Always always test to make sure circuit is dead in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net