• Thread starter gap30
  • Start date
  • Replies 350
  • Views 34K

Currently reading:
An Awful Feeling This

Discuss An Awful Feeling This in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Mate
here are some things to help your remember stuff

Periodic inspection you are looking for a SADCOW. issues of Safety. Ageing, Deterioration. Corrosion, Overloading, Wear and Tear.

Also Insulation resistance is like a teabag the longer the cable the more perferations so more area to leak out of hence Insulation resistance decreases with length.

Cable resistance is like linking sausages togethr the longer the length the more sausages you have so greater resistance

Also learn the proper terminology for protective conductors. See little map at end of appdx 2
Circuit protective conductors connect to exposed conductive parts to MET. Exposed parts of electrical equpt motors lights etc

Main protective bonding connects gas and water Extraneoues conductive parts to MET. Any EXTRA METAL is Extraneous

Earthing conductor connected between MET and earth electrode

Hope this helps

Think you mean section 2---------Definitions

Sorry to say passed first time mate but what i would say is i know a lot of bright guys who are in the same position as you.
Apart from the obvious hammering the passed papers how you approach the exam is vital. I.e. Alot of people get caught up with the low value questions at the start and spend to much time on them leaving insufficient time for the high value questions.

you know the help and advice i have been given in this thread is amazing, you know i have worked with sparks over the years that would not give you the time of day/or they are rubbish and you would not ask them to wire a dog kennel for you.

Some people on this site have really helped me and been really patient.

Thanks for all your help, i prob learnt more from here than the books lol

Personally I wouldn't put yourself under too much pressure end of the day you can always resit! Just forget about the past exams if u get nervous before try taking a pill for travel sickness it might sound silly but I know a few who take them before exams, Uni etc and say it helps, maybe a mind thing but worth a shot. Read all questions carefully and use right definitions.
I did in mine during my fourth year apprenticeship while all the college stuff was still in my head and even then it was hard, goodness knows who the guys who where out of college for years managed it but persevre and you'll get there in the end. GOOD LUCK

Sorry to say passed first time mate but what i would say is i know a lot of bright guys who are in the same position as you.
Apart from the obvious hammering the passed papers how you approach the exam is vital. I.e. Alot of people get caught up with the low value questions at the start and spend to much time on them leaving insufficient time for the high value questions.
Go for the higher value questions first...its where the points are.........

I'm so glad he passed. I did mine about 18 months ago walked the practical failed the theory. Did it again theory last December practical in January the day I found out my daughter was pregnant, my head was so far up my butt I duffed the pscc/pefc tests and was failed. I found out at results time that I'd passed the theory and because I'd walked the theory the time before they passed me for the whole lot so Trev was a very happy sparky + by that time my grandson was here:)))))))
It is a truly great feeling to get that bit of paper in your hands

still have to do the practical part although i have already passed it once

Why?
I thought if you passed the practical once you wouldn't have to do it again.

Does the same apply the other way around?
I have passed my theory and my practical is on Tuesday.
If I fail my practical will I have to take both my theory and practical again?

Lecturer told me if you had passed the practical before the numbers changed you had to do it again. So if you passed under the newer numbering ie 2391-10 you don't have to resit it

Reply to An Awful Feeling This in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock