Discuss Any Flour corp sparks working in Afghanistan in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've just recieved an email supposedly for dyncorp asking for me to reply regarding an interview my issue with it is that the spelling and grammar in some parts is a bit shoddy (i know mine isnt perfect) and im wondering wether its legit or not can any give me some info as im kinda wary due to the poor nature of the text in the email i recieved.

The guy who emailed is called zlatan sertovic the email used and such seems legit im just unsure as i'd expect it to be written better for such a large company.

They will normally phone you personally. I received a call from Fluor last Thursday at 9 PM.
I am going to sit this one out as it is getting silly over in Afghan and there will be an announcement about an early withdrawal (mid 2013) later on today.

AH they said theyre callin next week .. if they offer it i'm going to accept if the money is right .fed up of being sat about this country is going downhill so fast its untrue.
If it means i have to go there to get a wage then so be it.

I've just recieved an email supposedly for dyncorp asking for me to reply regarding an interview my issue with it is that the spelling and grammar in some parts is a bit shoddy (i know mine isnt perfect) and im wondering wether its legit or not can any give me some info as im kinda wary due to the poor nature of the text in the email i recieved.

The guy who emailed is called zlatan sertovic the email used and such seems legit im just unsure as i'd expect it to be written better for such a large company.

Got a reply from the same guy. He is from dyncorp but do not know if it is legit. Did you get any response?

Steven1235, I received same e-mail as you & was extremely dubious too. I have since had a phone interview with an american recruiter & have been told they want to take me on as an electrical supervisor. I dont have any contract or anything yet but have been told to forward on a completed application they sent me & a copy of my certificates & grade card to start background checks. I checked out the recruiters names by googling them & appears legit. Also they havent asked for any money, which is usually a give away to a scam. Hope this helps. best of luck, hope you get something.

Hi, I filled out all the relevant stuff with all the companies but the only one who has got back is KBR in Britain and they are offering £45,000. How much are you guys on? Is this any good? How long do they normally take to respond once applications are filled out?

Hi dodd, £45k sounds a bit low to me, are you just going over as a spark,foreman or supervisor? For just sparking I would be wanting about £55k. My mate works for KBR as an O&M assistant manager & is on about £70k, he started as a spark & was on about £55k. I might be wrong about this though. I have been offered £70k as a supervisor with Dyncorp. Not sure on time scales as think it varies depending on background checks etc. Also my mate said to me to accept something reasonable & get another job when you are out there as their is plenty of work. All the best mate, hope you get sorted.

It does sound a bit low to me as I have heard of people on a bit more than that on here but I just want to get out there and try and work my way up. Also I would only be in camp Bastian. I would be happier with something closer to £60-70K as I would be doing some serious saving then. I have been trying Dyna-corp but had no replys yet, how long was it for them to contact you from applying for the job?
Cheers mate

I think you should prob take job if it's offered to you but by all means say you are looking for a bit more if you feel strongly about it. Also back up your request by saying you are looking for longevity & progression with KBR & that you are fully commited. To get around the £70k mark I think you would need to be looking at a supervisors role, but dont quote me on that. It took about 10 days or so before I got contacted by Dyncorp. My mate says they have loads of work at the moment, so well worth applying. Although I've been contacted I still just apply for everything on KBR, Fluor & Dyncorp, as until I get confirmation of a start date or contract I've not got anything.

dyncorp were offering $98000 and payments for flights

they must have took 4-5 months getting back to me..

I'm passing this time round as all the stuff thats been going on has made me slightly wary about going

Last edited by a moderator:
Also passing on this, but they were asking if I know of any other electricians that might consider.I don`t know of any electricians though as I live on a rock (island).

Other Country NationalS Basically anybody not american or afghani who are Host Country Nationals,Americans acronym everything into 3 letters

I jacked out there 10 months back, but I've seen dyncorp are still looking for kaf.
They might be however i would not edge all your bets on it the chances is there just fishing for responses on the off chance of the scraps of work left out here, anyhows you would not get the time you need to be out here to be tax free when you return at home unless you have worked away for the the past 10 months, my 2 pence worth though but best of luck

i agree with you on both points, as stuff winding down i definitely noticed it getting worse out here with respect to the attack's try the far east like qatar or dubai or even Australia down the mines I'm looking to head that way after this

i agree with you on both points, as stuff winding down i definitely noticed it getting worse out here with respect to the attack's try the far east like qatar or dubai or even Australia down the mines I'm looking to head that way after this

Not much chance of electrician jobs in the Middle East (Not the Far East!! lol) these days i'm afraid you're all far too expensive, all those positions have gone to Third Country Nationals!! Even European Engineers, i hear are finding it more and more difficult to find placements....

Reply to Any Flour corp sparks working in Afghanistan in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net