Discuss Any Flour corp sparks working in Afghanistan in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

so I take it that with out a Green badge then there is no way to communicate back home..using Mobile/Skype for weeks on end.

i dont you'll ahve any problems m8, from what phil told me in the interview, phs sparkys havent had any problems and in fact phs sparkys actually need laptps to do there job. but just to make sure give phil a call.

thats partly true, you wont get a laptop if you your on pms you might if your on ti's 2 scots turned up over a month ago and have been refused a privelages on this base they use the pay phone, even if your lucky anothe to get a laptop you cant log onto the personal mail accounts, i would take it with a pinch of salt what the recuriters tell you

Last edited by a moderator:
Try google'n 'PHS Compliance' I just emailed my cv to the generic email address on their homepage with regards to Afghanistan contract. I had a phone call 3 weeks later and now I'm off to Afghanistan on 8th jan 2012. Whoop whoop..

hey matt, what happen with the 25th dude? did that other guy end up going or is he off on the 8th jan aswell? bet your chuffed to have christmas day and new years with ya family!! went and had my TB done today in manchester cause im working down the road in stockport, having to go back on friday to get it checked.

Hi Steve how's things mate.. Me and Phil have been cleared for the 8th jan se both had our tb results and given to Cathrine on cheistmas eve but a reply from Dubai came on boxing day..

Hi Steve how's things mate.. Me and Phil have been cleared for the 8th jan se both had our tb results and given to Cathrine on cheistmas eve but a reply from Dubai came on boxing day..

how long has your process taken mate , ive been at mine for best part of 5 months , goal posts being moved etc....starting to crack me up !

also does anyone know if you can send multiple cv`s , does the "other" companies know about each others job applicants, dont want to sound all cloak and dagger but im not sure what way to go now !!

Hello guys again. plese can somebody give me some contact for job offer in Afganistan. I am from Croatia and here is very bad situation about job find and I have big family. Please some help. I am god electrician with 20 years work experience. Please contact me : [email protected]

Privelidges depends on where you are
If your unlucky enough to get BAF (bagram) the rules there are crazy and its densly overcrowded.
Get out of there and the smaller FOB's are ok, you may be lucky enough to get a German ran one, rather than american.

Smaller FOBS your generally allowed everything, laptops phones etc

The only way to do it is to apply on Fluor.com like everyone here.

If you get Dyncorp then youll be in southern afghan

Fluor youll be northern Afghan

recruiters will not answer unsolicited CV's and they just deleted, so please dont PM me asking for recruiter details and clog it up.

The only way to get on is to apply through the web site, the next intake is from memory mar/april somewhere in eastern europe.

Hi, i dont want to intrude but im also out working in Afghanistan for one of the companies. I would strongly advise you not to bring computer phones etc out with you. Us brits are classed as OCN (other country nationals) and we do not get the same privelages as US citizens do. Buy a laptop and phone when you get to your base. People have been fired for having those items. People do chance them and get away with it but its not worth your job if caught and lets face it. Your on 1400 a week tax free anyway.

Hi, i dont want to intrude but im also out working in Afghanistan for one of the companies. I would strongly advise you not to bring computer phones etc out with you. Us brits are classed as OCN (other country nationals) and we do not get the same privelages as US citizens do. Buy a laptop and phone when you get to your base. People have been fired for having those items. People do chance them and get away with it but its not worth your job if caught and lets face it. Your on 1400 a week tax free anyway.

That's because the yanks can't operate outside of their own country without bringing the States with them. That's why they tend to get more privileges, without them they they crack up.
I've seen this too many times, to be a coincidence... Most stick together like glue too, so they can cover each others bum. Whereas the Brits are stabbing each other in the back, cutting their own throats in the process...

I'm currently working for dyncorp, testing and inspecting 50 & 60 Hz systems and some remedial work, Its fairly laid back and haven't had any dangerous encounters as of yet. It is absolutely freezing at the minute and rains on occasion but its sure to change within the next 2 month. Foods decent, facilities arent too bad but it's boring as hell so make sure to bring a portable hard drive with you, you can get hundreds of tv series, films etc on them and it'll keep you from ripping your hair out.

thanks seedy. have just completed their profile and will now wait. with any luck might see you out there sometime.
just for interest, i live in spain and can advise anyone looking for work here 'DONT BOTHER' there isn't any.

I'm currently working for dyncorp, testing and inspecting 50 & 60 Hz systems and some remedial work, Its fairly laid back and haven't had any dangerous encounters as of yet. It is absolutely freezing at the minute and rains on occasion but its sure to change within the next 2 month. Foods decent, facilities arent too bad but it's boring as hell so make sure to bring a portable hard drive with you, you can get hundreds of tv series, films etc on them and it'll keep you from ripping your hair out.

hey wilmermark, are you one of the phs guys? im currently in dubai waiting to get my LOA. ive been here for a week and a half now, getting bored!! it was a bit of a rush job to get me over here, so some of the paper work hasnt been done, or been mis-placed. what sort of remedial work are you doing?

Reply to Any Flour corp sparks working in Afghanistan in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net