Currently reading:
UK Brexit and your business

Discuss Brexit and your business in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Morning folks, I have cleared this thread up a bit

Please keep this thread on topic, which is

How do you think Brexit will affect you and your business?

That's a crazy mentality

I work in a manufacturing environment. The UK is too small to source exact components from.

The lack of labour I wouldn't worry about, any factory worth it's salt is getting into automation.

Factories have been getting into automation for many decades now, it's not a new thing.

Like many others I doubt it will impact my business, if it ever happens. The only way it's possibly going to hurt me is if 'we' allow the nay-sayers to talk us into another recession.

Factories have been getting into automation for many decades now, it's not a new thing.

Yes, but we're on the cusp of a wave.

It's being opened up to nearly every process.

We are now automating white collar jobs as well.

We are actually closing our financial department and looking to run it through SAP.

I forgot to add that one of the direct effects to my business was that a public liability insurance policy that I held issued in Dublin covering my work in the south of Ireland was not renewed. No claim had ever been made on the policy, but I was informed that due to a new law the insurance company would not renew the policy. This flies in the face of the lies told by the 26-County Taoiseach Leo Varadkar that his administration would prevent any new barriers to cross-border trade given that they have enacted this law. I contacted numerous other insurance agents/companies in the State and was refused by all of them.

Eventually I managed to have a UK policy amended to meet all of the requirements of RECI, but this was no easy task. On the plus side it has saved me €650.

Reply to Brexit and your business in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock