Discuss colour changing 12v led's in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

beaver74

have a customer that has 2 colour changing led's controlled by one driver
now the customer had replaced the lamps becouse they stayed red but the new ones stay red to
where i come in i assume the driver is bu****ed but no whole saler can find the part no i had retreved from driver and the ownly thing that can suggest is a standard driver but i am thinking that the corect driver has a cicuit for changing frequancy to change colour am i right or will it work as i havent seen these before

have a customer that has 2 colour changing led's controlled by one driver
now the customer had replaced the lamps becouse they stayed red but the new ones stay red to
where i come in i assume the driver is bu****ed but no whole saler can find the part no i had retreved from driver and the ownly thing that can suggest is a standard driver but i am thinking that the corect driver has a cicuit for changing frequancy to change colour am i right or will it work as i havent seen these before

I know that the ones I've found for boats (sorry, that's my standard reference :) ) need a pulse to change (momentary) then again to change through their controller. I use Mast 12v LEDs lights. Check out this link to Mast Products. Drivers, Dimmers & Voltage Regulators.

The Household D.Verdi products work off a dimmer...
"To change colours on either of the Deluce Verdi products you require a dimmer to be fitted to the circuit. This can be a normal 250W rated dimmer, or higher if required. At full brightness the halogen lamps are on full and the LED shows white light. If you then dim the lights down the halogen lamps go dim but the LED changes to a colour. To change the colour again you simply dim up and down again quickly." This was found here Verdi Colour Changing Mood Lighting | Recessed Downlights & Ceiling Spot Light

Good luck.

ITA

What is the driver? Is it a 1-10V? DMX? Proprietry with remote? aurora make nice LED drivers. Colour changers are often DMX512 as this offers the most control options.

Reply to colour changing 12v led's in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock