Search the forum,

Discuss Conservatories/extra room in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

had to do that dumb for that post. . it's not up to your usual standard.
I'll try harder next time ;o)))))

Silicon so no electrical shocks ;o))))

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 16.53.14.jpg

now we know what you get up to when mrs SWD goes out to bingo.

nowt wrong with wetherspoons. decent ale at a sensible price.what's diamond white? is it cocaine?

Why not a dwarf wall? Underfloor hearing would be simple enough. Air conditioning units are reasonable price now.

Bet doors with blinds inside would be expensive? More cost effective to just have blinds fitted?
We just fancied all glass..we’ve had blinds fitted which clip into the frame if the window,I’ve seen the slider blinds inside the glass,they look much better,but are extra expensive.

Not sure on the building regs south of the border, but loft conversion means coping with the fire door requirements if more than 2 storeys...
Separately, from a user-friendly point of view, I have found that after building a proper conservatory, folks tend to use that room more than the original sitting room, which is not the case for a loft conversion as that is not so user-friendly for occupants or visitors...
and the deciding factor is quite simply that from a resale viewpoint buyers look at a conservatory as a bonus, and the potential of a loft conversion in the future as an added bonus as it's a cheaper option.
So, on balance, build the conservatory (properly) as you will get your money back and it is more useful in the short term...leaving the loft conversion as the possible future build.
Also, in very many cases, putting in a proper access to a loft conversion means losing a room, or part of one, on the floor below, so gaining 1 room above, at the loss of 1 below, is not a viable proposition...you need to gain 2 rooms, or a bedroom and en-suite in the attic to compensate.
Go for the conservatory...trust me!

Not sure on the building regs south of the border, but loft conversion means coping with the fire door requirements if more than 2 storeys...
Separately, from a user-friendly point of view, I have found that after building a proper conservatory, folks tend to use that room more than the original sitting room, which is not the case for a loft conversion as that is not so user-friendly for occupants or visitors...
and the deciding factor is quite simply that from a resale viewpoint buyers look at a conservatory as a bonus, and the potential of a loft conversion in the future as an added bonus as it's a cheaper option.
So, on balance, build the conservatory (properly) as you will get your money back and it is more useful in the short term...leaving the loft conversion as the possible future build.
Also, in very many cases, putting in a proper access to a loft conversion means losing a room, or part of one, on the floor below, so gaining 1 room above, at the loss of 1 below, is not a viable proposition...you need to gain 2 rooms, or a bedroom and en-suite in the attic to compensate.
Go for the conservatory...trust me!

Once BC sign everything off then you remove the fire doors and sling then in to the skip.

Reply to Conservatories/extra room in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock