Discuss Do 2-phase (split phase) lines ALWAYS need to be switched together? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry Bill, just lately we’ve had lots of resurrected threads and they tend to confuse things.
Split phase supplies can be a bit of a minefield, I got used to them working in quarries 40 odd years back.
There has been a resent thread about them, which is a bit weird in the way the DNO have done it.

tt system on a farm what advice would members give on fitting 300ma rcds on a split phase supply looking at pv install so type a rcd required.regards

0° centre tapped is normal. 180° will give 0V phase to phase and the neutral would have to be 2X phase CSA conductor.
It could be a Scott or LeBlank 90° connection

So what voltage does the PV system work on?

single phase inverters 3.6kw tl fitting two each protected by 100ma rcd type A, farm install.treating the install as two seperate installs g83 settings so 240v nom 1%vd design swa cable regards

If you are going to be feeding in to the network then you could run in to problems with 230V.
You would effectively be feeding in to only ½ of the transformer winding, it won’t be happy, neither will the DNO!

I have sent you a PM

Reply to Do 2-phase (split phase) lines ALWAYS need to be switched together? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
Due to an increase in load for a subman, I now need 2 phases for an outbuilding. Original design was 63a supply, but now an electric shower and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've posted on here before about this, that time i was asking what people thought about phase converters as at that point i thought i...
Replies
Views
I don't normally get involved with domestic work but this job is for a family member so I cant Simpley say no. the house is a large property with...
Replies
Views
I'm fitting a small kitchen in my remote office/workshop with a limited, existing, supply (3 phase/20A MCB on a long 4 x 10mm SWA). I need to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock