Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I wish I hadn’t taken the cover off now….

New customer. Lighting fault, breaker would reset, 4 or 5 times… then wouldn’t reset at all, and tripped with a crack.
Boiler is also off this lighting circuit so I’ve ran a temp supply for that just now.

Reading 5Mohms and rising on L-E and N-E.
Suspect circuit is second from left and disconnected for now.

Other issues with board include inner cores of flex on left most breaker supplying bell transformer (no bell) into exposed connector block. Took that out straight away.

There’s so much excess copper on show.. and no idea with the black going into a breaker.
Neutrals don’t correspond with lines and this was supposedly rewired in 2002.

D231B65A-E6E2-4F5E-A31B-F472CC81C0C8.jpeg

I’ll get all the faults sorted, then get some rcbo’s for it.

This might confuse a DIYer...either the label is on upside down, or the cables are reversed on the tray...
It works though, now!
I apologise for the state of the ferrules, they were re-done once I had the unit running.

This might confuse a DIYer...either the label is on upside down, or the cables are reversed on the tray...
It works though, now!
I apologise for the state of the ferrules, they were re-done once I had the unit running.

I've seen this with cheap lights bought from Amazon, one of which stated on its product page that blue was line and brown was neutral. That one was handed to the guy that bought it, with clear instructions about what he could do with it.

Indeed, @nicebutdim
I had an accessory recently where the wiring instructions were written step-by-step, and there were illustrations too...problem was that they conflicted. OK for me to sort out what was what, but anyone following the diagram would end up with a blown timeclock. I contacted the manufacturers, they thanked me for being in touch, and said they would review things...
Aye, right...as we say in Scotland.

Installing some outside sockets today and notice that their EV charge point was fed with ordinary SWA. It piqued my curiosity as I also do EV charge points and know they have to have active load management. Along with OCPD & RCD protection, though some are now starting to come with both 6mA DC & 30mA protection built in. The charge point installed has neither OCPD or 30mA protection built in. Just 6mA DC.

As there was no seperate cable for the CT clamp and they weren’t using EV ultra/Hyper Connect I quizzed the owner on where the supply for the charge point was.

Now there are a number of plethora of ‘issues’ here.

But I have circled the supply to the EV charge point. The main cutout rating is also only 60A.

Funny enough they didn’t have a certificate for it and I’m betting the DNO haven’t been informed.

Customer tried to get hold of installer whilst I was there but the no. was switched off. So I’ve left him with all the details of how it should be done. So he can quiz the installer. He asked if I could rectify it all which I said of course. But he should approach the installer first as they should rectify it FoC.

E5AF48D0-938D-439D-A3DE-69F1A0DA27E0.jpeg

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock