Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That has been hit with the ugly stick !
Isolate further upstream?
It can be but believe it or not that busbar which was assumed to be redundant supplies a server room. Back tonight to see what has come from the many meetings which have no doubt taken place today to discuss it:D

It can be but believe it or not that busbar which was assumed to be redundant supplies a server room. Back tonight to see what has come from the many meetings which have no doubt taken place today to discuss it:D
What's to discuss??;)

What's to discuss??;)
I agree Pete. We have been on this site four weeks doing an EICR and found this hidden away in a store room. It was a bit late as we are working nights so no doubt today people are deciding how best to remove it without isolation due to the server room which we have been scouting around. I have my phone off but I suspect when I get back this evening it will have been removed as they have a site electrician.

I agree Pete. We have been on this site four weeks doing an EICR and found this hidden away in a store room. It was a bit late as we are working nights so no doubt today people are deciding how best to remove it without isolation due to the server room which we have been scouting around. I have my phone off but I suspect when I get back this evening it will have been removed as they have a site electrician.
Thanks Westy

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 10.00.42.jpg

This is part of an article in the PE mag. It has been printed in more than one. I don't know why you would do that. Perhaps the lights were fed from a centre tapped supply...
light.JPG

This is part of an article in the PE mag. It has been printed in more than one. I don't know why you would do that. Perhaps the lights were fed from a centre tapped supply...
View attachment 40699
It doesn’t make a lot of sense that, you’d have thought that some editor worth their salt would have picked up on it. If the downlight can’t work then . . . . ?

We fitted 9 of that range of downlights recently,2 were dead out the box, not even a brief flash or pop at first switch on. One of the 2 replacements was dead too. 2 had faulty LEDs the other had faulty electronics.

A couple of lads I know have been left to sort this lot out, they've only got a six hour window and it all has to be done with no service outage. Started off as a quick DC PDU swap and sort of got a little bit bigger...

That's roughly 500 fibre optic cables badly installed...

Under the floor:

IMG_1396.JPG

Top of rack:

IMG_1397.JPG

Bottom of rack:

IMG_1398.JPG

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock