Discuss Domestic electrician & data network engineer. in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ginner

-
Reaction score
Currently I'm a qualified City & Guilds domestic electrician registered with Stroma CPS and hold a current CSCS card.
I also offer the following services:
  • Data network design & installation.
  • IP CCTV.
  • SoHo design & installation.
  • Multi-room audio systems.
  • Wired & wireless security systems.
  • Retro cable fit installation service.
  • Home Automation.
  • Custom design & install service.

stroma not worth paper its written on im afraid

What absolute rubbish. Stroma is equally as valid as any of the other government approved CPS. In my experience though they have higher standards of required qualification and of assessment than that of the NICEIC domestic installer scheme.

What absolute rubbish. Stroma is equally as valid as any of the other government approved CPS. In my experience though they have higher standards of required qualification and of assessment than that of the NICEIC domestic installer scheme.
i think we all no that the main bodies are a higher standard although yes they are supposed to be on a level playing field , in my experience with the previous mentioned your in if you can pick out a test kit in a line up !

i think we all no that the main bodies are a higher standard although yes they are supposed to be on a level playing field , in my experience with the previous mentioned your in if you can pick out a test kit in a line up !
No absolutely not. I have no reason the believe that the longer established bodies are any more thorough or maintain a higher standard. I do however have lots of reasons to believe that the NICEIC DI and ELECSA brands now have the lowest standards of member quality of any schemes.
The days of a name meaning everything are well and truly passed with the schemes.

Why?

I'm with Stroma, it gives me the cheapest way to comply with Part P. What else matters?

As for standards - Stroma was far more detailed than Elecsa to join............
most schools hospitals insurance companies request niceic approved contractors , they are the renowned brand with ECA all other newer bodies have come in tried to get numbers by offering cheaper options (i have no problem with that ) but making themselves easier to get in , i am only talking from my experience where i have been trading for 12 years , but in the southern area maybe not elsewhere that if you have limited knowledge or experience nappit and stroma will tick you boxes , please dont think this is every contractor under these schemes.

most schools hospitals insurance companies request niceic approved contractors , they are the renowned brand with ECA all other newer bodies have come in tried to get numbers by offering cheaper options (i have no problem with that ) but making themselves easier to get in , i am only talking from my experience where i have been trading for 12 years , but in the southern area maybe not elsewhere that if you have limited knowledge or experience nappit and stroma will tick you boxes , please dont think this is every contractor under these schemes.

Approved contractor schemes are completely different to part P competence schemes and should not be compared.

It's now been over 3 weeks since you made your unfounded comment on Stroma CPS! I'm still trying to work out what extra you get; for the additional hundreds of ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁs you spend on annual membership of your chosen CPS? Please enlighten me/the forum.

Kind regards.

Just an idiotic statement that doesn't equal out over a vast industry. As Andy78 said above in post 10, Approved contractor and Part P are completely different and what is required FROM them is individual.
Good Original Post by the way and nice avatar if that's your logo.
All the best, Rob

Reply to Domestic electrician & data network engineer. in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net